What are you watching?

June is good

1 Like

Just a point of information those parents who pay for school fees have also been paying into the state system as well. This means the tax money that would been spent on educating the private school kids can be spread about on the state school kids.

I think the term is “redistribution of wealth”

What will now happen is the really rich will continue, the middle will move over to state meaning less funds for the state school pupils per head & also due to teacher shortage & places your less likely to get spaces.

Expect to be “encouraged” to home school your children so the schools don’t have to take responsibility & be pushed aside by the affluent who’ve had to drop the school fees & have “elbows first” mentality.

Or they will pay for a tutor to make sure their kids have the best shot at the selective state schools meaning even less opportunities for this who are currently facing education at a state school.

3 Likes

Finally had a ‘free’ day. So made a massive bath batch cook of Bolognese and binge watched season 3 of Clarkson’s Farm!

That’s a lot of Bolognese…

House of dragon Season 2!!

1 Like

Being a bit of nerd, I watched the Horizon enquiry this morning and part two this evening, basically the PO employed a company called 2nd Sight and two of their people gave evidence today. They called the top people at the PO in public, liars, concealing evidence and far more worried about reputational damage to the PO, about what has happened.

Mr Jason Beer KC was again absolutely brilliant in bringing their testimony to the enquiry.

One hopes at the end of this when Sir Wyn Williams has delivered his report that individuals at the PO are standing in the dock at the Old Bailey, and are prisoners at the barre.

1 Like

Working my way through game of thrones from the start.

Forgetting how well written it was at the beginning but interesting to see the foreshadowing that was missed first time.

Edit to add - I’d forgotten how amazing Maddie Williams was at sword fighting at such a young age.

1 Like

Just started Band of Brothers. Two episodes in and not too bad a series!

It is a classic. I love the fact that it’s more honest than a lot of American WW2 films/series, and doesn’t seek to show them as whiter than white.
Just watch and see as well how many very famous British actors are in that show as little more than extras!

2 Likes

I didn’t realise that Simon Pegg was in it until much later.

This is probably the best TV program ever made. Fact

1 Like

Fassbender too

Tom Hardy

Anyone else been enjoying the Glasto streams on BBC so far over the weekend? Just coming to the end of Coldplay’s set, and it’s been pretty great!

Games of thrones rewatch.

The brutality of the Red Wedding still effective after all this time (although the shock value first time means it’s never quite the same)

2 Likes

Watching the biblical downpour today!! A day when I should be out replacing a groundwater interception tank…

I’m kinda glad I’m not out in a hole in the ground where rainwater run off ends up!!!

1 Like

I watched Axel F the other day on Netflix it is really good.

Very squally. Just drove home from Brighton, and at times could barely see because of the rain. Now back at home, it barely looks like it’s rained at all! All very dry.

Im looking forward to watching this!