What are you watching?

It’s better than I expected, Mark Clattenberg must be asking what happened to his career :rofl:

1 Like

So went a head & bought the Halo series off
Amazon.

Quite liked it & thought it was very good. Not your standard video game adaptation in that it was faithful to a lot of the nuances & world building of the games albeit a slightly tweak story line /canon.

As in the games, it’s cortana who makes the series work (& they got the same voice actress!) - makes me miss my old Xbox & the theme that is thirty men in a bathroom singing.

Well worth a watch if you enjoyed the games!

1 Like

I hated the first series because it diverged from the games so much, and removed the mystery of the Chief.

However, the trailer for S2 looks a lot more interesting

1 Like

I do get that but I don’t think it’s divulged too much from the game lore too much….yet.

Yes we don’t see the M/Chf face in the game but he does remove his helmet. A lot of the Halo lore is covered in the books & mini movies such as forward unto dawn.

The first part of the series felt “off” & I think that’s due to the world building, lack of cortana & non game music. The attention to detail on the uniform, covenant & visuals is spot on. I do like that the show runnings refer to the series as the “silver” timeline to give it a slight difference from the game.

Season 2 looks like it’s going to be the fall of Reach (which we remember) so quite excited about that & if they can get master chief in a cryo pod before he arrives on halo I think that would be a good touch.

I would like it to have a little bit more humour perhaps a red vs blue reference or even a Project Freelancer side plot.

1 Like

Just watched the penultimate episode of Traitors. Thoroughly enjoyable and addictive watching. I reckon we should get onto the production company to do a junior version, using cadets from all the services.

1 Like

Or as it’s normally refered to in RAFAC, “JL” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s finally here!!

A JL wouldn’t be able to hide that they’re the traitor. They’d get patches made up and tell everyone all the time

1 Like

I got part way through applying for the next series, then realised the day job would probably block me going on if selected

Masters of the air is on apple!!

1 Like

Yeah, but I’m not paying for another streaming service

1 Like

Wait until its all online then use the 7 day free trial to binge it.

1st ep was good

1 Like

That final episode was so tense right up to the end. If you’ve not watched the series it’s well worth it.

1 Like

Yo ho ho?

2 Likes

Just how much is Finlay going to be crated for being on Gladiators?

Watching the Michael McIntyre big show after gladiators & part of it was that the “send to all” where they invite everyone on Joe Lynett’s phone to come to a party live opposite the theatre where it’s being filmed & see who turns up.

A group in the audience invited their cousins who couldn’t get tickets to show up to the party & they were the first there :joy:

A really very honest (and quite short) documentary about the realities of running 200 mile races:

Watched that saltburn last night…what the…

The Ted prequel tv series is outstanding.

I had no idea such a thing existed.