What are you watching?

Christmas Day watching Mrs Merton show followed my the caroline documentary.

Really interesting program with a lot of nostalgia throw backs (Steve coogan & Alan Davies look about 12)

[to Debbie McGee] “So, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?” :joy:

Star Trek: Generations it’s a lot better than I remember, especially the first 15 minutes.

1 Like

Reacher. It’s good.

And Alan Ritchson plays him so much better than Tom Cruise. In every way.

3 Likes

Winter King has been a bit slow - maybe taking time to develop?

But Reacher and Slow Horses gallops along
thats-funny

1 Like

I’ve been binge watching Strike over the Christmas hols and it really is very good. Not very Christmassy though, so had to take a break from it over the last couple of days for Cold Pursuit, Farman, and Violent Night.

Space Jam on ITV2

1 Like

Vienna New Year’s Day Concert

Always enjoyable

Huberman produces some really good podcasts and interviews. But Huberman + Goggins is a very interesting combination.

Click through to watch on YouTube. There’s a lot of different chapters that you can skip through to.

Having just finished the Tourist series 2 just started watching Boat story.

Both absolutely hilarious and black comedy crime dramas. Very off beat but a really a good watch.

The surrealism of the boat story does make it very entertaining.

Just started watching ‘Fool Me Once’ on Netflix and it has the worst berets I’ve ever seen on TV!

1 Like

Mr Bates v The Post Office or protecting the reputation of a national institution lead to the biggest miss carriage of justice in UK history.

Scary how the PO could not admit that its own computer system didn’t work. Most people were prosecuted for false accounting because if they did not sign off their accounts they could not open.
Mr Bates refused to sign his accounts and was sacked, He believed they were wrong. Even though the computer system said he owed Tens of Thousands of pounds he was never prosecuted.

1 Like

SOS: Extreme Rescues on iPlayer

Very good insight. I think this must be a new series as I’ve not seen it before, and love these sort of shows!

IT’S ON AND THEY’RE USING THE TRADITIONAL THEME SONG!

Do you feel the power, of the Gladiatorrrrrssss

3 Likes

Well, that was everything I wanted it to be. Laughing all the way through whilst still being really impressed with the physicality of it all.

I think Mr Walsh Jr may not be the right choice, but I’ll eat my earlier words about Bradley Walsh, he was great for the role.

1 Like

Brought back memories of going to the NEC when i was a kid and watching it live!

2 Likes

I went to see it being filmed back in June!

2 Likes

Did you have a friend/relative competing or were you just lucky enough to be a member of the audience?

You can apply for free tickets through one of the TV sites. They list lots of programmes you can be in the audience for. Got some for Taskmaster too.

2 Likes

I used one of them back in 2010 to be in the audience for QI. I’ll have a look for future series.

1 Like

I used to do it all the time when a student/pre-kids.
Pointless a few times and HIGNFY almost 10.