What are you listening to....?

I also listened to Al Humphreys “Living Adventurously” podcast over the last few years - which was really insightful of how different people do/feel/explore adventure differently. It was really good to help get back to the basics and remind myself that adventures aren’t just massive epic things but can be amazing little things too!!!

1 Like

All over this

Same! Also they have another called “Leading”. Favourite so far being their interview with ex heads of MI5 and 6, including during the Blair years and Iraq…

I’ve started listening to that too, I thought Wes Streeting was interesting with his views on the NHS

1 Like

No such thing as a fish
You’re dead to me
Martin Lewis Podcast
Lateral with Tom Scott

NSTAAF is the personal favourite. If you’ve never listened before then start with the one with Rhys Darby as it’s hilarious

These have been my go to falling asleep podcasts for the last year or so. That along with A Problem Squared, Lets Talk About Myths, Baby, and a few others already mentioned above!

Anything from the Telegraph (particularly Ukraine: The Latest and Battle Lines) and the Spectator (especially Coffee House Shots and Americano at the moment, but there’s a Best of … channel for newcomers), and Reuters have some good daily news podcasts. However, despite my thoughts about Gary Linekar, even I have succumbed to a Goalhangar podcast: namely Sherlock & Co.

Having a bit of a Brit Pop playlist recently.

7 Likes

So, 7 years later, Linkin Park have a new lead singer, and new material.

2 Likes

Introduced the boychild to Pendulum today.

His life is better for it.

2 Likes

So having watched the last episode of the Grand Tour I’m deep into Dire Straits again.

Brothers in Arms is such a good track.

6 Likes

Showing my age, can remember them the first time around :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The first time I heard that song was when it was used over the end credits for Lynda La Plante’s ‘Civvies’.

For me it was when they used it in an episode of Due South

2 Likes

Banned by BBC during GW1, but now recognised that all military are ‘brothers in arms’

If you are a data nerd like me i recommend this Podcast. each episode is only 15 minutes, I thoroughly enjoyed the first series and now working my way through the second

In short there is a situation which is readily explained via maths. one episode that sticks out for me was the one on Dr Harold Shipman, when he patient records were charted against other Drs he had a notable spike not only in the number, but the time of day the patients were dying, and is part of how he got caught