What are you listening to....?

Always weird looking back on what you’ve listened to :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

“Bluey”

:rofl:

So out of place

I have Google Pixel Buds Pro for in ear and Bose QCII for over ear.

The pixel buds were a freebie with a phone and to be fair are as good on flights as the Bose.

1 Like

I have WF-1000XM4’s and they’re belting. I’d never had ear pods before but they’re so good!

1 Like

I’ve spent a lot of today watching reviews for various. The WF-1000XM4s, and subsequent M5s certainly seem to top almost all the charts. I think that’s what I’ll go with!

They’ll certainly be 100x better than what I have now!

Jabra Elite Active 75t for me - good noise cancelling, waterproof… pretty happy.

1 Like

Interesting, hadn’t heard of Jabra before if I’m honest. I’ll have look!

Neither had I, but they seemed to come up pretty well recommended in various tests when I was looking to buy.

Also have a set of WH-1000XM4s for over ear.

made/make most of the top wired/BT headsets for call centres/PC and all the top mobile BT headsets through the 2010s. Part of a huge audio company who make hearing aids.

I’m currently using Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro 2, but they were included with my phone.

Traditionally either Skullcandy or Sennheiser for me. I’d have the Sennheiser Momentum if I could justify the price.

Are they still a thing? They were the thing back in 2010 I think! I haven’t seen them around for a while.

If I was going headphones rather than pods, the choice would be these or the Sony XM5s (phones, not buds). I’ve got friends who have both, and have tried both and they are fantastic. But for my use case, headphones are no good really.

If Sennheiser would be your prime choice but you need pods, what about these?

I wouldn’t say they’re a prime choice as a brand per-se. Just having listened to the headphone they are pretty good.

Everything so far that I have looked at review-wise point to the Sony XM5s or Bose QC Ultras.

The Bose’s look a bit big IMO though, and the charging case is also pretty bulky too…

Another vote for the buds pro (although I paid for mine and not free - just to go along with my pixel watch and pixel phone…).

Overear I have some Bose ones that are incredibly overpowered but amazing.

All depends on what you’re looking for!
If it’s just stinky bass then Skullcandy Crushers
If you’re feeling fancy then some Mezes
If you want some headphones then airpods.

A bit late to this, but I’ve recently bought the XM5s. Coming from some Cambridge Audio Melomania 1+ that were on their last legs, the improvement is astonishing. The best feature is the pass through audio, especially around the house or on walks. Not having to take out the earbuds when wanting to talk to someone is brilliant. Especially with the student discount!

However as they’re so expensive I also bought some Jabra Elite 4 Active, again with a lovely student discount. And those fit the bill. To be frankly honest, if I did it all over again, I probably would have just bought these as they’re more multifunctional for me. Slightly worse audio is something I can live with for that level of versatility I’ve discovered.

And here’s me with my JLab GoAir Pops…

Spent the afternoon reminiscing with Carter USM, Inspiral Carpets, The Wonder Stuff, Levellers, Jesus Jones, Housemartins, James and Charlatans.

Haven’t done Flashback Friday for a while; but it was awesome!!!

(Also giving the kids a quality education - daughter just found out that Norman Cook (HouseMartins) is Fat Boy Slim… and it blew her mind!!!)

1 Like

Ended up sticking with my gut feeling and got the Sony’s.

Fantastic quality! And the ANC is very impressive. Currently sat on a very loud train but can’t hear any of it with them in, even with music volume very low.

3 Likes

Just listened to the new Teddy Swims album. Really great voice but if anyone says that they’re listening to him then Adele then keep an eye out - not the cheeriest!

takes me back to my youff.