Weather Watchers

Had a more thorough walk around the farm (and just beyond). 4 trees down - 1 x Scots Pine (85 years old), 1 x Oak (300 years old), 2 x Beech (250-300 years old). Looks like some high quality firewood for us over the next two years… assuming we can butcher it before anybody else gets to it!

Shame to see such grand old trees fall.

Anyhow, in the words of the FooFighters; “done, done, on to the next one…”

The wind is doing my head in. Vent flaps crashing all around the abode.

Glad I don’t have any trees near the driveway!

The winds tonight, here at least, seem to be more sustained than 2 nights ago. There’s definitely more noise just from the wind going through the trees!

My driveway is also a bridlepath and it’s lined with trees. One of them is showing signs of Ash Dieback, so it’ll be interesting to see the state it’s in tomorrow morning.

Earplugs are in though, and I’ll be doing my best to get some solid sleep soon.

Well, the garden furniture survived both storms, not so the (heavy!) BBQ - it had another cover over it / another table - think that came loose & acted as a sail!!

The snow has arrived!

To be fair, it arrived just after this morning’s run (about 0820) but I was busy with getting showered and ready for work…

Just very heavy rain down here :frowning:

Likewise. Walked the lad to school and carried on to the gym.

Very wet footwear currently.

It’s just about settling here, which is quite rare for us, but we’re still in light dusting territory despite the heaviness of the snow.

I’m winding up my colleagues further west though (around 100 miles) who are desperate for it not to reach them.

Just heavy rain here.

Enjoy the snow.

Same here, proper wet rain if you know what I mean.

Well, you can tell where it’s snowing… :man_facepalming: :rofl:

1 Like

It must have really come down over the Peaks; Snake Pass is closed again.

To be fair, it doesn’t need to come down that hard to cause these problems. 90% of people run summer tires all year round. And a large number of those will be budgets and/or very worn out. It’s madness.

1 Like

Anybody know if the weather is interested in making up it’s mind today? Literally had 4 seasons. And I can’t layer up/down quick enough!!!

1 Like

I’ve had hail several times today

It’s a bit mad. Bright sunshine whilst simultaneously smashing it down with really heavy hail.

This feels like the best place for this. Current red alert for Aurora Borealis.

Could be worth keeping eyes to the skies tonight. If they’re clear.

1 Like

If we get another peak like the one at 1700.ish whilst it’s dark you might be able to see it UK wide!

Aurora Tracker.

Just checked the tracker and it looks to be getting stronger again.

Not sure it’ll be dark enough for a while yet though