Wearing two Progressive Flying Syllabus 'Wings'

Im so proud of you.

8 Likes

Did you call me a moron Paracetamol?
Just saying for historical interest and for your and younger guys education.

I think he was calling the person in the photo a moron for wearing them in the present

1 Like

@Paracetamol auditioning for a RWO role?

1 Like

That was my understanding of it too.

Indeed.
The person in the photo.

Has anyone considered that perhaps PABLO could be the person in the photo (which I have now deleted following the name calling)

In which case @Paracetamolā€™s point still stands - donā€™t conform to dress regs, get called moron. Safe to say Iā€™ve been called much worse (and nothing better would suffice).

Didnā€™t see the photo guys. But I donā€™t think it will be me.

1 Like

Now seen photo,yes BGA A&B cert (3 solos) , def. not me.

So anyone heard anything if there is a discussion at HQAC about CFAVs wearing wings? If theyā€™ve completed PPL and above at an authorised training provider, I donā€™t understand why they would wear brevet style wings on chest as a cadet and then remove them when they become CFAV?

I have a cadet that is going to be in this position in 6 months.

All Iā€™ve heard is that itā€™s been raised by RAvOs and politely rebuffed on a never going to happen basis

Theyā€™ll learn very early then that the RAFAC will place zero value on their skills from outside the org, and it is their way or no way.

4 Likes

Tend to agree with this - thin end of the wedge - what other badges would people then want to add to their CFAV uniform as a carry over once a precedent has been set - if they are not representative of the parent service why would we want staff to wear them

2 Likes

Jesus, as much as I am proud of the fact Iā€™m a pilot (disregarding the difference between PPL/CPL/ATPL) I personally really couldnā€™t be fussed about not having ā€˜wingsā€™ on my jumper.

The fact Iā€™m not wearing the wings doesnā€™t take away the qualification. Be proud of it when youā€™re a cadetā€¦ but when your an adultā€¦ thereā€™s a lot more PPLs out there than you probably realised.

Iā€™ll probably just tell you Iā€™m a pilot anyway :joy:

4 Likes

323172735d513c3c883f494faebfba700751de48_2_586x500

Something like this?

12 Likes

Very few staff will hold a pilots licence and given that the only RAFAC authorised training provider is Tayside Aviation then very few CFAV would qualify for a badge.

As I understand it the only badge that can be carried across is the Parachute ā€˜lightbulbā€™.

Aw so I canā€™t wear my Gold DofE?

You just did, soā€¦ TouchĆ©

1 Like

1*h6G-1yM1lWMeLb_8YjD_DQ

2 Likes