Wearing two Progressive Flying Syllabus 'Wings'

They won’t it will be a badge for the rich or 3 or 4 cadets who manage to get full scholarships

2 Likes

Especially with the PTT element being completed on squadron now too.

Flying was always intended as our bread and butter, yet we all know it’s been dying for years. Now under the current state of neglect and worsening underperformance, HQAC are removing any element of training recognition and progression for the vast majority of the corps.

We sure as heck better be tripling the fleet and offering up to a dozen scholarships per wing per quarter in the near future.

Where’s the Instagram bandit on this one? They’re slacking.

8 Likes

Like all new SM accounts. It ran out of steam.

More badges for the bin along with the large DofE, Heartstart, WO2 crown and instructor cadet rank slides.

Yarp.

Some of those changes happened quite a long time after they were introduced, so you just don’t think we should ever change badges?

If they didn’t write the name of the first aid qualification on the badge that would reduce waste.

None of the other badges have the qualification written on them :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

A summary of the new flying badges.

Blue - “Congratulations on completing the new first class syllabus and doing your one and ONLY flight”
Bronze - “Here’s a badge to show the whole world you failed, sorry, didn’t complete a gliding scholarship or ACPS. Wear it with pride!”
Silver - “Congratulations on living close enough to a VGS to complete a GS”
Gold - “There are only 3 of you in the whole corps who were given a Michael Knight scholarship, so wear this with pride!”

How many cadets, who are awarded the bronze ‘loser’ badge, will actually sew it on their uniform?

8 Likes

I want to disagree… but he ain’t wrong.

2 Likes

I feel personally attacked by this one :joy: wore my blue (when the 'failures were given blue badges) wings with pride back in the day.

I showed them :laughing:

1 Like

And you weren’t the only one - I had a cadet in that situation, too.

As I was on course when the vigilant got grounded, I didn’t even get blue wings!

To go back to comments 18-23 in the 1960’s and 1970’s adult staff of the day could wear the B.G.A round enamel gliding badge on the right pocket of there battledress blouse.

Interesting.

That did appear to be a BGA badge yes

Yeah.
But it ain’t in our regs anymore… so this moron should be educated.

Steady on! A bit strong!

Maybe. But it’s super gash.

We arent a branch of an American Wendy’s with all their blingy badges etc.

We have dress regs.

WHY IS IT SO GOD DAMN HARD FOR PEOPLE TO JUST FOLLOW DRESS REGS.

Its black and white.
All measurements included.

Just follow basic instructions.

If you cant… you really shouldn’t be responsible for other peoples children.

If you dont want to… you shouldn’t be in a military uniformed youth org.

It’s not rocket science peoples… COME ON.

For years, people have struggled (and still do) to even place their RAFAC / ATC / VRT pins in the correct location and correct orientation… I resigned myself long ago to the fact that some people need to be told how to do everything, including the simplest of things.