Volunteer & Admin Portal - THE Admin Burden Reduction Tool

I like that Accts Form 080 is listed in the My Downloads/Useful Forms section, despite the fact that VP kills it :laughing:

There should be a ‘forms we’ve killed’ section that increases over time, until they’re all in there.

3 Likes

‘Tally one’

But label it “…and here’s what you could’ve won” while having the Bullseye theme playing.

@james_elliott
Is there a timeframe or loose indication for the introduction of workflows for any of the following…

Promotions
Transfers
Resignations
Supernumary

Cheers :+1:

Liking VP. Have managed to start a change to my NI number that has been wrong ever since I joined the organisation and has still not been changed despite my best efforts. Interesting to see how long the workflow takes!

3 Likes

The workflow looks like they’ll be good.
I have successfully used it to (unintentionally) confirm that Universe already held the correct details…
It was completed by lunchtime the next day.

Top Tip… In the next update it might be wise to change it so that it doesn’t trim off leading zeros on a number.

1 Like

That all sounds really positive :slight_smile:

We have just released v1.1.0 for VP/AP and release notes will be displayed as soon as you login. I hope this demonstrates that we are doing quite quick releases to fix issues that we have found since the initial deployment. Our methodology is that we do lots of little releases regularly than massive ones less regularly.

Keep the feedback coming - but remember that when you do provide feedback, you are not anonymous and it is expected that you (as professional CFAVs who demonstrate RISE in all that you do) provide feedback which is polite - being antogonistic, unpleasant or unnecessarily sarcastic will not help us rectify problems any faster or with any greater efficiency. I am quite happy to escalate any instances of abusive feedback through RCN who will then action it from there - for lower level things, I will speak to line managers (like OC Wgs) who will deal with CFAVs who fail to live up to RISE in their AORs.

5 Likes

Here’s a thought…
For holders of role accounts on Sqns, Wings, Regions, presumably Units will provide similar access to staff details as SMS currently does? In which case, will there be any benefit or issue with administering one’s record via Units instead of VP?

Or perhaps Units won’t feature that ability and it will all become individual personal responsibility through VP, and Units will only provide view access?

Thinking out loud really.

I remember reading (here, presumably) that all admin and tasks for individual CFAV will be removed, but presume that contact info and viewing quals etc will remain, and possibly adding them from events?

The idea being “your data, under your control”.

@james_elliott (welcome back, hope you enjoyed your break) will probably be along to clarify soon.

2 Likes

Yes, that does sound familiar.
In which case then, yes, I presume that Units won’t feature such edit ability and thus there will only be one way.

In that vein… Will qualification records reside in VP or units?

My quals, my data, so suggest it should be administered in VP?

“change your own damn phone number and leave me alone!”

4 Likes

No, the opposite. In the, future all of the personnel management functionality will be stripped from SMS and CFAV will be responsible for their own record management through VP. There will be some things that we need to think about like qualifications and how that will work in the new world, but we are not that far along yet.

Units will only be used for things like cadet management, events etc.

Yes, exactly this.

1 Like

Yes, quite. There will certainly be a need for quals, WHTs, &c to be entered by the individual in some cases and the instructor in others.

Indeed - which all goes back to the Safe System of Training and so forth. We are very aware of that and it will come with time.

There will be workflows for promotions etc as well - so you can’t just go and promote yourself to Wing Commander etc.

1 Like

This probably applies to qualifications too… E.g. to enforce upload of certificates, making sure someone can’t just claim to be a WMCI with no evidence. Or to make sure people upload evidence of FA quals as per ACTO8

3 Likes

Also, surely event directors and Sqn ocs etc need to be able to view peoples quals to be able to plan activities that need quals!

1 Like

Yes to all of that, basically :slight_smile:

Just got access. It looks really good thank you @james_elliott

1 Like