Volunteer & Admin Portal - THE Admin Burden Reduction Tool

I will pass that onto the VSDT and the Bader Team who did the real work :wink:

@james_elliott Iā€™ll admit Iā€™ve not been following the progress of any of the new tools (sorry :pleading_face:), but the vast majority of 1771s I submit are for Wings that Iā€™m not in - will the new automagic way of doing things still allow this?

Yep :+1:

1 Like

Getting your Ultifail password to work. I know mine wont work as waiting for BPSS to be checked and green lighted. We have another CI who has been told their DBS and BPSS have been green lighted which took them near 3 months in total.

Anywhoos they have messaged me to ask if our OC is alive as they have contacted them to get their login password. Think our OC has fell out with me too for badgering about my forms being sent off, how long to wait etc :rofl: Do we need to go through OC to get our password resets? Can we not do this through volunteer portal?

And finally after being made Rafac Legal, how long does it take to get your Ultifail to accept a password reset?

Yes, password resetā€™s go to the OCā€™s email.

This will not be the case when the new Bader Learn is launched.

1 Like

Awesome, I knew passwords went to OC but itā€™s a mare getting them forwarded on. That includes emails which are often forward a day before an event or visit :grimacing:

Well unfortunately thats a very local problem :man_shrugging:
The new Bader Learn will use your Personal Account login or Cadet Portal login.

Myth this is not true. Suspension should not prevent access to Ultilearn, it used to but this was changed months ago, details here - Suspended CFAVs & Ultilearn Access

Yes, you can submit a Password Reset request here - Forgot your Password, your username is your service number as recorded in SMS. This will trigger a fresh password to be sent to your OC.

If you get an error message you should contact your Wing Bader Officer.

Danke, i will pass this info on.

Iā€™ll do a password reset 2moro in the hope I get a message forwarded with the temp password and mention Iā€™m not the only one waiting on getting back into Ultifail. I thought, previous to seeing that Suspended CFAVS page that if you were suspended you lost all access :grimacing:

Changed(*) after it was pointed out that those suspended couldnā€™t do the training necessary to not be suspended.

(* not sure it was actually intended to be that way, but was a product of how suspensions were being processed/enacted on the system - clearly without thought of the consequences. Some still get it wrong though and bar access)

2 Likes

Well I messaged the OC this morning and did a password reset so if no contact today Iā€™ll find out who my wing bader bod is and pop them an email :wink:

I got access to VP 2 weeks ago and immediately changed my bank details. My first VA claim since going into uniform was processed last week and paid into the new account.

Thatā€™s how an effective personnel management system should work. It feels easy to navigate and clearly works, so kudos to the VSDT on another excellent job!

Canā€™t wait to see more forest-destroying and unnecessarily complicated processes replaced by VP!

8 Likes

if only events would actually be approved before they took place, then I could put in a claim . . . :vmad:

3 Likes

Lol, you are assuming that someone checks itā€™s been approved?

You have a reference number to put on the form so bang it in.

doesnā€™t work with claiming VA in this brave new world of volunteer portal though.

What brave new world? Weā€™re not there yet!

Daft Q from someone who hasnā€™t yet logged in.

Can we submit VA and mileage in its current form?

Not in current form it will be future development

3 Likes

Ohhh, I thought VA and milage were in this release. getting ahead of myself. sad times.

I canā€™t seem to see any bank details in my VPā€¦ Lots of other bits, but no financial information.

Edit - found it, clicking icon in the top right!