Volunteer & Admin Portal - THE Admin Burden Reduction Tool

I’ve a member of staff with a change of name & address approaching, told them to hang fire to this week.

I’ve a friend who is 100 days and counting since submitting transfer paperwork

Supernumerary paperwork in October, lost, resubmitted in January, appointed May…

100 days is abit of a kick. That will affect HTD. Which ultimately is into the pocket of the volunteer.

I’ve submitted stuff for mileage and pay, and not heard anything for 2 months.

This sounds like a great opportunity to sort the admin burden.

Good News

2 Likes

After 2 years and multiple forms sent in we gave up on having our supernumerary staff member officially appointed. He wouldn’t get HTD as he’s a teacher at the school so hasn’t lost out on anything.

Sorry about the three emails - that was my fault :slight_smile:

Deployment by Region as per the IBN. The email explains everything and is going live for North Region tomorrow - I will update at some point.

6 Likes

Just logged on and it looks great, definitely a step forward to an easier life for the volunteer! Well done to the developers

3 Likes

Good Evening All,

VP/AP has now been deployed and is live in North Region. Key points to note:

• We know about the mandatory training issue with individual records - that is being investigated and we are hoping to get a release out to resolve ASAP. Many thanks to all of those who have read the IBN and used the feedback function to tell us about this issue - that is exactly what we were hoping for!
  • There is a known issue with the Finance tab and re-authentication which is being worked on as I type.

Release notes will be added when we push releases to fix these teething issues. As the Beta testing Sqns for CP found out, going first sometimes has its drawbacks!

The Bader Team and VSDT have been at it since oh dawn hundred and are starting to shut down now.

As @themajor pointed out, VP/AP are being deployed to help with the administrative burden. Through the release today, we have already killed off a couple of forms in the sharepoint library - specifically address changes and financial detail changes. This is just the start!

12 Likes

Public thanks from me for all you and the team are doing!! It’s amazing to see this growing for the greater good and making a genuine difference to the boots on the ground!!!

4 Likes

Is killing off WHQs next?

Moahahaha hahahaha moah ha ha ha ha

5 Likes

You joke but I bet there’s been some serious conversations about how an amazing IT system could replace a lot of perm staff if done correctly. And I’m guessing that may not go down well with some people.

1 Like

I’m not sure that it would replace any perm staff, certainly at HQ. They are woefully understaffed for admin purposes. Reducing the admin means they may actually have enough staff to do their jobs

I mean as it stand’s it’ll be someone’s job to take the data from bader and input it into the MOD system because the two can’t (read won’t) be linked. That is a job that doesn’t need to exist and should be done though an API. But that would mean a job loss so it is what it is…

1 Like

I think my record for a 1771 being paid is 15 months… :grimacing:

I’m not joking.

Indeed, we need the right staff in the right places.

1 Like

Any reason why I can’t log in on an iPad but can on my phone?

Not important, just curious…

What happens when you try to log in on your iPad?

Just get the “this is for CFAVs only” message.
At first I wasn’t sure if it was just trying to copy through my login for the generic account from SharePoint, but I tried it in incognito mode too and it wasn’t having it. Didn’t even give me the option of putting my email address in.

Like I say, not important, can access on my phone perfectly well and will continue that way, just found it odd.

Are you already logged into you role account accidentally. Try using incognito mode and see if it works. Alternatively, go to the mail instead and see what account it logs you into.

Been there, done that, no joy.

1 Like