Using a Windows Server on Sqn

I’ll try!
I tried the Sharepoint thing earlier, but the only way (that I could find) to access the files was via Teams, which again is tied to my pers acc.

Noseyness.

If this is accurate. It is indeed a gamechnager.

Why isnt this advertised as a function!

? what thing?

I think it’s an accident

The link @themajor shared earlier. It works, but the front end, if it is indeed only accessible from Teams, is tricky (the links open in a browser, but I can’t find a path from the Sharepoint homepage to the Sqn teams area)

The sync is done using the Pers Account Credentials

Thanks, that’s how it looked to me too.

So a generic Sqn office PC can’t really use this?

Surely that can’t be true. SharePoint is full for OS and OSP information. They need to have done their responsible for information course to have access to everything, no?

Ahhh the SharePoint “Private Group” Site for Sqn Members?

Exec Roles, certainly OC’s, are owners of those sites and can add any staff they want to the site.
They were created as a byproduct of the creation of Unit Teams during the rollout of MS Teams.

Again, I suspect it’s a mistake.

I’ll investigate tonight and get one of my NCOs to try it!

Looks useful, perhaps not for the initial problem I was trying to solve (mostly, the time taken to update Windows PCs) but handy none the less.

Hopefully the Bader Team won’t turn it off when they see this.

1 Like

If all cadets have full access to all of SharePoint then that really should be turned off… They should have access to the training hub, yes, but not the entirety of SharePoint.

2 Likes

@WestlandScout OC / Adj will need to add all Sqn Pers accounts to the Team in Teams

Then you login and set up the sync onto the PC using someone’s Pers Credentials

What’s wrong with them having access to policies etc?

They already have access to various policies through cadet portal I thought?

1 Like

Some are OS

Indeed, admittedly some more would be useful but I think it’s clearly an oversight if they do indeed have access to all of SP.

2 Likes

But are they correctly marked as such?

1 Like

Is it even OS if it isn’t correctly marked as such? :exploding_head:

3 Likes