Uniform to weddings/funerals

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Prince Philip has died aged 99

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Prince Philip has died aged 99

Same here but at that time I had to apply to the Station Commander for Approval, and then had to get Station Warrant officer to inspect me in it.

1 Like

Interestingly I’ve just received my invite to the wife’s cousin’s wedding. She’s marrying a sapper and they’ve requested military/cadet uniform as the dress code.

3 Likes

CI poloshirt?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

God no… Jumper

3 Likes

Suit, armband and lapel badge please.

3 Likes

No, no, no!

Wedding uniform for a RAFAC CI should surely be; brown dust coat, CI armband, flat cap and risk assessment on a clipboard?

Peter Sellers would have nailed it.

7 Likes

Would resemble another uniformed youth organisation :neutral_face::neutral_face::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

So have we come to agreement, that yes you can, make sure in doing so it follows the wishes of the happy couple, and don’t make idiots of yourself and the organisation at large in the process?

And if you really want a sword fight, change into a suit for evening, get a blow up paddling pool full of balls and some plastic cutlasses from a toy shop…

2 Likes

…and just don’t use expressions like “sword fight” if it’s the wedding of a Para.

4 Likes

That or Last of the Summer Wine

1 Like

This just made me think of the verger from Dad’s Army…

??

and some words to make up the required content.

I wore my No1s with sword when I got married 20 years ago and I had 5 Ushers that wore theirs and were also with swords.

At the time, the only requirement was to gain written approval from my Wing Commander. Swords were loaned from Halton but the Ushers and I had to attend a 1 day sword drill course.

Personally I felt very proud and honoured to wear my No1s and no, I’m no walt. It’s up to the individual and their partner to discuss and as long as you get approval from the appropriate channels then why not?

7 Likes

That’s fair enough though those are YOUR ministries which you earned.

My son is a regular JNCO in the RAF. He wore uniform at his wedding along with all his friends from the services. I wore mine as his Dad. Really proud and honoured to do so. However at my own wedding I wore a suit not my either of my uniforms. It just wouldn’t have felt right.

1 Like

I think if I had suggested to my wife to be that I get married in my uniform …it would have turned into my funeral!

1 Like

There was never any question about it for me. We were getting married because I was being called up for Iraq and the Army had no regard for partners unless you were married at the time, but it also meant that what I was wearing became one less thing to think about or pay for.