Uniform Queries (RAFAC/CCF/ATC) (Includes Rank Slides)

I wear MTP slides.

Not going to look like I’m Incorrectly dressed.

Dont know anyone who hasnt bought MTP slides if honest.
Every staff member in our wing has at least.

1 Like

I was told blue braid on MTP, but not the ‘subdued’ type.

Only us measly not important snco/WOs don’t wear mtp rank slides

Officers can

If you are in a hurry Cadet Direct. I know they come in for some stick on here, but mine arrived next day.
I have some from Cadet Kit Shop but I prefer the Cadet Direct ones if I am honest. The stitching looks neater.

At the moment, all I have is this - Officers No2 Dress Wedgewood Rank Slide - RAF Air Cadets | Ammo & Co | Embroidered Badges – Cadet Kit Shop which has my insides screaming a little at the thought of that with MTP - I haven’t worn uniform in so long, I forgot what I did previously.

So I need something like this?

On my device it looks really rubbish and really what I would define as matching MTP? More like if MTP and DPM had a baby?

Or these from Cadet Kit shop, not sure if they will get to me in time though - Officers Rank Slide - RAF Air Cadets - Multicam MTP | Ammo & Co | Embroidered Badges – Cadet Kit Shop

Sounds pathetic but I don’t order from cadet direct out of principle but cadet kit shop is usually my go to when I need stuff

1 Like

I have the cadet direct ones, they are not an exact match but close enough IMO

Looks the same as mine.

Not that it matters, but none of them are actually MTP. Most of the manufacturers use Crye Multicam or a close copy. Whereas the RAF ones are MTP. But they don’t have our branding.

It just annoys me when they say it’s MTP!

Close enough will do, thanks!

I went with olive green slides, don’t know why but I have a bit of an aversion to MTP rank slides.

I have a pair of them, I use them mainly for annoying NCO’s

1 Like

I was issued three working blue shirts and 1 wedgewod blue shirt when i was appointed as a WO many moons ago.

I had some DPM CI ones for that purpose!

My MTP rank slides have “RAF AC” in sand-coloured thread.

Absolutely certain they will cause apoplexy amongst certain RAFAC SNCO CFAV’s when we return to f2f.

So should it be olive green (I.e plain) or MTP?

Where did you get those from?

…asking for a friend…

Pretty sure the dress regs say something like the backing material should match the material of the uniform being worn.

AIUI only the SATTs and JLs were scaled for MTP rank slides.

I use ‘Combat Logos’ for mine : https://www.combatlogos.com/ourshop/prod_2890088-RAF-RAF-Air-Cadet-Officer-Rank-Slides.html

They are also good for ‘Zap Patches’.

1 Like

I think this thread may be giving some WOs a stroke

I am not responding for a reason.

7 Likes