Uniform Queries (RAFAC/CCF/ATC) (Includes Rank Slides)

This is a page about question of uniform and rank slides.
Any question about uniform in any form or way.
Don’t be afraid, ask anything!

I don’t think that many posters would want to advertise which Sqn or Wg they’re in. Anyway, why would you need to know where they are if all you’re doing is answering questions on uniform or badging?

So, which Sqn and Wg are YOU in?

1 Like

thank you for your idea

I will take the post down now.

Thank you.

Uniform & rank slides? Surely that’s covered in 1358c?

Only other questions would be upkeep which I get but the millions of different ways and nuances have already been covered have they not?

2 Likes

It wasn’t an idea, me old son, it was a statement.

I’m often described as being 1 PTW. If I want people to know where I am, then I’ll tell them if it is pertinent.

TryToAchieveSqnLdr

Um, Confused - Why do we have now a new topic when its amply covered by the category description?

I’m afraid I don’t really understand what you are intending to achieve or if you are just asking to act as a survey of some description.

@Chief_Tech Thank you for messaging,
I am trying to make a survey for RAFAC in use of making a conclusion to my main RAFAC question " How many people need help with uniform"

On day 1 every single cadet does, most likely for the first 3 - 6 months, there are then those that continue to struggle due to lack of resource at home to work on their uniform.

From a staff side it depends on their background, but i’d estimate 50% of new staff need support with how to wear/prepare or which uniform to wear.

To add to this query, do many staff wear working blues??

None hopefully!

1 Like

It’s should be none

hold my beer

@ccw34 I thought of you when the question was posed!

1 Like

The regs are more whats youd call guidelines than actual rules.

The term uniform meaning “one form” brings me to my point, isn’t it strange that we can delegate the cadets to be in working blues, and yet the staff must stay in the lights.

Anyway, whos donning their white tropicals during the summer when we’re back to f2f?

Rather, one could say that’s is strange that cadets are in dark blue at all.
The light blue is the standard uniform, with dark blue restricted for wear only by those who work in traditionally ‘grubby’ technical trades… And cadets.

I was under the impression working blues were being scrapped by the RAF

If they do, I’d happily see cadets transition to 2B… with brassard.

2 Likes

It’d be shame I suppose to lose the one real benefit of the dark blue shirt, which is that it can be worn with sleeves down on those cooler days, without the requirement to put on a blasted tie.

3 Likes

No 3 dress, mtp. Mtp rank slides or not? ACP 1358c states.“blue composite braid (mounted on an MTP colour slide where required)”.

What constitutes 'when required?" My OC was of the impression that you shouldn’t wear MTP rank slides?

I’ve only got blue ones and I feel it’s wrong to wear that with MTP. Where is the best place to buy MTP officer rank slides at short notice?