Uniform Queries (RAFAC/CCF/ATC) (Includes Rank Slides)

I have the cadet direct ones, they are not an exact match but close enough IMO

Looks the same as mine.

Not that it matters, but none of them are actually MTP. Most of the manufacturers use Crye Multicam or a close copy. Whereas the RAF ones are MTP. But they don’t have our branding.

It just annoys me when they say it’s MTP!

Close enough will do, thanks!

I went with olive green slides, don’t know why but I have a bit of an aversion to MTP rank slides.

I have a pair of them, I use them mainly for annoying NCO’s

1 Like

I was issued three working blue shirts and 1 wedgewod blue shirt when i was appointed as a WO many moons ago.

I had some DPM CI ones for that purpose!

My MTP rank slides have “RAF AC” in sand-coloured thread.

Absolutely certain they will cause apoplexy amongst certain RAFAC SNCO CFAV’s when we return to f2f.

So should it be olive green (I.e plain) or MTP?

Where did you get those from?

…asking for a friend…

Pretty sure the dress regs say something like the backing material should match the material of the uniform being worn.

AIUI only the SATTs and JLs were scaled for MTP rank slides.

I use ‘Combat Logos’ for mine : https://www.combatlogos.com/ourshop/prod_2890088-RAF-RAF-Air-Cadet-Officer-Rank-Slides.html

They are also good for ‘Zap Patches’.

1 Like

I think this thread may be giving some WOs a stroke

I am not responding for a reason.

7 Likes

And there’s me battling hard to make sure we follow all dress regs at the CCF, even in greens (though I dislike the CCF TRF, I’ve resisted the urge to get the subdued one)

I’m so proud.

1 Like

Why? They go on my Daysack and Bergen.

On my webbing I have my surname, blood group and no known alergies patches. If WOs have a problem with that, tough.

I imagine the blood group comes in handy on particularly hard range days when you graze a knee going into the prone position and you need a combat medic.

10 Likes

Ssssshhhhh. Don’t give HQAC ideas - they’ll be mandatory soon.

1 Like

Mayday mayday mayday we’ve experienced a catastrophic sense of humour failure.

#nothelping

#stoppingnow

9 Likes