The Cluster at the Muster

Who is actually running this thing.
I mean who is the activity Director…

Absolute disgrace.

Still not been communicated in my neck of the woods… Will need to check with OC if he’s heard anything

1 Like

Nor mine. Though I’ve had cadets asking how they apply because the Facebook post says CCF are invited.

RC W&W is the person signing it all off and acting as OIC I guess. The ‘RAFAC Event Control Organiser’ is Wg Cdr Amanda Evans

1 Like

Just had the admin order and transport plan sent out, but still no confirmation of which cadets are going, and first coach pickup being at 2pm when the kids are at school . . .

I know Sussex is selecting cadets at 2130hrs this evening, so we’ve been told. Might be the same across the region?

well it’s by close of play today, aka cadets are going to be told tonight/tomorrow if they are going, and therefore if they need to ask for the afternoon off school.

This is the bit that has screwed us big time. Looks like we’ve only got 1 or 2 cadets that are available. If we had 3/4 weeks notice then I could have written up a letter for them to take to school to try and get the day off.

noone by that name on the Media Team page on the SharePoint Media Hub

Well if they’re coming out with stuff that isn’t true, it’s hardly any wonder.

I know who the new media volunteer at HQAC is, and their name is 100% not Jarrod. But I could believe it’s a pseudonym.

Unless there’s more than one new media volunteer….

I believe there were at least 2 posts advertised!

There’s a bloke somewhere in the RAFAC called Jarrod who does corporate comms/PR for a living I believe. Probably him

2 Likes

I love the new thread name by the way :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m in an invited region, got this from my WAVNO on Friday @ 20:21

You might have seen an announcement put out today by HQAC. I was approached on my leave last Friday. Which was too late to organise cadets and staff to get there with no accommodation. Most of the Wings nearest Cosford were unable to get sqns to go due to lack of staff. It wasnt until today that accommodation has been allowed. I have already said no way we can do this in the short space of time given, as have many wings have done.

if you want to go, I can try and get you on it.

6 Likes

Please forward that to CAC.

1 Like

-Rude expression of disbelief-

And this is my temptation for the sqn. just bin it off and send the message up

This was a failed 2019 experiment if I recall and revert to be open to all was going to be back for 2020.

RIAT found they didn’t have enough numbers and the original logic had been “a” aviation focused national camp for all regions.

This year NAC was limited due to the daily travel requirement

1 Like

Ah, if that is the case, then fair enough.

This year’s limitations were reasonable given the situation, but I’d thought they were going to go back to the certain regions only rule. Happy to hear this might not be the case.