The Cluster at the Muster

5% of one of our schools are having next week off any way. Thanks covid.

The first I heard about this actually happening was last weds when it was mentioned it to me. Nothing has appeared on my SMS and I have cadets asking.

can you not see it with the link in my first post?

Nope just goes straight to the sms dashboard for me

You must not be invited then! :wink:

1 Like

thumb_that-awkward-moment-when-someone-asks-if-you-are-going-52936184

7 Likes

You should post this as a reply to the RAFAC Facebook post :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Everything about this screams omnishambles.

2 Likes

Still less than 1000 cadets on the event. Also it looks like most of those that are on there are still ā€˜biddingā€™. Weā€™ve been told in Sussex our cadets will be chosen at 12:30 tonight; 2 days before they leave. Weā€™ve so far only had information that Iā€™ve seen on here. Basically only the bus times.

I do see someone is being busy today adding files to the SMS application!

itā€™s unbelieveable, and we really need to be making complaints up the CoC about how poorly this has been organised.

5 Likes

If I put an SMS event in for a bag pack this badly planned I would be kicked out.

These pratts can do it for a thousand cadet activity and itā€™s fineā€¦

2 Likes

On the one hand itā€™s great that they are running big musters line this, but the lack of organisation once again causes presentational issues that makes problems for those of us at the coalface having to deal with questions

4 Likes

Plenty of miffed parents commented on the fb post, which will likely resonate more with HQ than CFAV moans.

4 Likes

Got a link for us uneducated types. Ta

https://fb.watch/7Ulymb12dw/

2 Likes

Jesus.
What a cluster.

it only takes one broken link in the chain of commandā€¦

And this is why we should change our way of communicating - it never works. A simple email directly to those invited wouldā€™ve solved most of the problems here.

With places for the event limited, and because North and SNI region have previously held a muster, as well as some of the logistics to get to the event, it was decided to limit to the four regions listed.

What absolute nonsense. They may have both previously had musters, but not every cadet within those regions got to attend. They were also both in 2018 (I believe) which isnā€™t long ago for a CFAV, but considering how often we get new cadets thatā€™s long enough ago to be irrelevant.

2 Likes

Well since Regions are now quibbling over vehicles for DofE, I canā€™t see them paying for transport to a Muster.

This has probably about a years worth of planning smashed into a few weeksā€¦as far as Iā€™m aware

1 Like

Itā€™s going ahead

Itā€™s not going ahead

Itā€™s going ahead, for everybody

ā€¦ But not for you.

ā€¦ You were invited, but your people havenā€™t passed the message.

ā€¦ You were invited, but your chain of command decided not to goā€¦

ā€¦ Your chain of command have now said we are going to avoid losing faceā€¦ Such a shame that you canā€™t respond to admin in time, so your cadets canā€™t go.

Itā€™s going aheadā€¦ Its cancelledā€¦ But not for everyone.

Itā€™s on SM, so itā€™s going aheadā€¦

ā€¦if the event fails, its the volunteers fault!

ā€¦ Its going aheadā€¦

Weā€™ll update SMS later,

Weā€™ll approve SMS at the end.

Itā€™s going aheadā€¦

2 Likes