Tate & Lyle rank slides

I thought they started during the very early part of WW2 to take airmen aircrew out of the cliuches of people like the SWO who had on some stations a habit of using aircrew airmen as general duties personel when they had been on operations during the night before.

Yep, but completely different structure, 1946-1950 - Aircrew I - IV, then Master.

Indeed to the present rank system. At least the RAF maintain just one rank for W/O or MACR.

Given the fact HQAC moved the line back another 6 months just a couple of days after announcing a line already 12 months into future, the original topic is dead.
Probably worth a revisit in April 2021 when the start will be at a guess, notionally October 2021.

2 Likes

Sorry, didnā€™t mean to open a diversion about Sgt Majors! I just wanted to show a lovely big badge that could be given out to our Command WOs!!

I agree, this will close later today, if anyone hears any concrete news about this change, PM a mod and we will re-open it.

Surely there would be an update by now, donā€™t you think?
ā€¦

1 Like

The last Iā€™ve heard via WWO is that itā€™s still on for October. Iā€™ve not seen that through any official source yet.

Iā€™ll close this again for about 6 months then :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AlexCorbin you seem most likely to have an inside track on any updates. Have you heard anything?

We were told at a recent Squadron Commanders Meeting that they were authorised to now be worn but had to be purchased privately.

Nope still with Wg Cdr Logisticsā€¦ Recent advice from the RC (mid July) on a wing conference was wait out for further comms

It would be interesting to see where that comms has come from. Recent and consistent advice from Hqac was to not private purchase as there are more gash versions on the market than good ones and wait until an approved source has been found.

Can you do some digging?

Sure Iā€™ll send an email to our WWO as it was him who made the announcement on the call.

Iā€™ll update once I hear back

1 Like

Forgive me for re opening an older thread but has anyone found a better source for the poor quality Royal Coat of Arms that are in circulation.

The original design appears to have a better quality however when ordering the better quality the picture looks good but you end up being sent the poor quality ones.

Rank slides or no 1 badges?

For rank slides, your best source is Contact Left.
https://www.contactleft.co.uk/all-products/pair-rafac-nco-snco-wo-rank-slides-blue.html

For No 1 badges your only source is Wyedean Stores.
https://www.wyedeanstores.com/badges-by-type-rank-badges/warrant-officer-class-1-wo1-raf-royal-arms-rank-badge?limit=100

go gold for your Mess Dressā€¦ RAF Warrant Officers 1st Class WO1 Gold Wired Mess Dress Badge LARGE | eBay