STOP 🛑 Car Parking

Same indemnity, so probably not.

That wording is very specific in terms of cadets, not all of us. There are already plenty of examples of activities in ACP 300 that are indemnified for CFAVs only.

1 Like

I didn’t know such things existed.

Cue all the usual comments about Liverpool, ever been here?

1 Like

Nicer ≠ nice

2 Likes

A few times when using Altcar ranges, but generally I manage to avoid it.

Then you don’t know what you are missing, I could disparage London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds in the same way. I lived in London for a year and Manchester on and off for 20 years, two of the biggest 1mt targets that I wouldn’t miss.

1 Like

And back on the topic.

So no national announcement as yet although some wings have guillotined the activity ahead of an IBN.

What SHOULDN’T happen is that the IBN is dumped on sharepoint at 16:00 on Friday with no other guidance, leaving weekend events in limbo.

No not in limbo, but what ever the guidance that comes out says, ready for the hand grenades on Monday morning!

i seem to recall this happened with WBGT requirements

Communitication is only as good as the person listening to it - we all know what the “C” in SMEAC stands for.
pushing a message out, in whatever format (national email, cascaded via CoC, sharepoint annoucement, IBN, Social Media post, carried pigeon (but unlikely drone delivery) or otherwise) it is pointless if you don’t give the recipient chance to “listen” (read) to it.

sending something out at 1600 on a Friday for action “immediately” which could compromise events taking place 36 hours after dissemination is pointless - very few CFAVs have their RAFAC emails linked to their phone to get a push notification, so is reliant on the CFAV being diligent enough to log in an spot this in time - as we’re volunteers there is no expectation to log into emails daily, i know a few CFAVs who have an permanent out of office on their 100 and role accounts indicating they only check their inbox once a week and to expect such a delay before any response.

even if we were not volunteers and in some form “paid employees” is a message sent out at the end of the working week really the best route?

And if all of this is not in reaction to a failure of process leading to a serious incident which requires the whole activity being reviewed (ie serious injury or death) why is there an immediate cease on such events?

6 Likes

That is not always right, if there are no comms, there is nothing to listen to. The point is HQAC have a poor record of getting messages out in the correct way, im SW region there has been no comms so technically they could still go car parking / marshalling unless their SMS has gas been amended.

5 Likes

IBN had been released…

(And it’s exactly as @kitkat said above)

So this must have been in the pipeline for a long time, so why release such a thing on a Thursday afternoon with very short notice?

2 Likes

Not quite - the last line

There is likely to be a significant number of legacy planned activities across the organisation which will need to be managed.

So does it imply that these event might be able to go ahead with DDH or HQ approval?

copy and paste missed it… it was on the original

1 Like

I think its more about having the appropriate conversations to say you cant do it anymore

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s a long time. The IBN process takes 3 days to sign off AFAIK, which is why we (some of us anyway) had cascaded emails before hand. There’s no telling how long this had been in the pipeline.

Cascaded emails? Not seen one of those. Just had my SMS pulled for this despite no-one officially telling us it’s happened. Still no wing-wide comms. (At least not to us mere training officers)

Yeah, it’s terrible as always. This isn’t new, and every single time something like this happens where good comms are needed, we once again fall short.

1 Like