STOP 🛑 Car Parking

Yet another “risk” adverse notice - no more car parking at events, cadets are not to be involved as marshal’s - in my 30yrs I have never seen a “near miss” let alone any incident!!!

6 Likes

Wtf…
Is this a perm stop ban or temp?

2 Likes

Source? Can’t see anything on Bader.

Personally have seen a number of near misses & have declined to provide cadets to do such events for about the past 10 years so if true it’s well over due.

3 Likes

Gone to all OC wings in Laser via RC down from HQAC… until further notice

1 Like

Well that’s a stupid way to cascade - the people who need to know are Sqn OCs not Wing OCs.

If there’s an event on this weekend last thing you want is it sitting in a volunteers inbox for three weeks before they get to it & pass it on.

2 Likes

That’s a shame. It’s a safe activity if well planned, cadets are well briefed beforehand and have some practice marshaling.

The ATC will lose thousands in fundraising too sadly.

9 Likes

And there goes another simple funding stream for many squadrons.

Well done HQAC.

16 Likes

It will also cause issues for many Families Days where cadets direct traffic on base

7 Likes

I guess Hi-Viz jackets aren’t as good as they are made out to be then :man_facepalming:

1 Like

RAFAC HQ will issue an IBN by COP Apparently

That was 19 minutes ago…

2 Likes

It’s their cunning plan to stop us from bringing money. Nobody mention bag packs and the risk of breaking a few eggs :grimacing:

2 Likes

“Safe Manual Handling training… Food Hygiene… Allergen awareness”

I can sense TK rocking back and forth from here…

3 Likes

Just said to Mr Emz you won’t believe what they’ve stopped now… he’s on the committee organising his Stations Families Day and guess what they have Cadets doing every year (amongst other things)… :face_with_peeking_eye:

Every Station we’ve been on that have Families Days have always got a cadet contingent carparking, they then get to enjoy the day too, which when it’s something like Lossie is an event they all want to go to.

Guess they don’t do any marshalling at RIAT?

3 Likes

I have seen it a couple of years ago where the RAFP complained about how the cadets arranged the cars in the car park area on Families day without any guidance from station pers. As a result, Harry Staish told the RAFP that they were doing the car parking from then on :rofl:

5 Likes

Nail, meet coffin.

5 Likes

That’s ok; we’ve never had cadets physically guiding the car in to the space, or offering valet services - so they should be able to continue to direct slow moving traffic in a parking environment.

We had a lovely engagement session with the UAS last night, they don’t seem to suffer with half the issues we do, in terms of organisational incompetence.

So I’ve come to the conclusion (of long held belief) that our organisation could write “The Idiots Guide to Self Harm”.

What a shame, as colleagues had reported back positive thoughts on recent headquarters engagement. Warm fuzzy positive feelings seem as fleeting as common sense in this org.

3 Likes

Literally as I write this I have an RAF Station HSE officer (civil service, of course) ask for a manual handling RA as we talk about moving first aid Annie’s and choking Charlies - they may be heavy!

The lunatics are in charge of the asylum.

I’ll submit the RA. I might include a line on buddy checks to ensure shoelaces are tied.

Needs to justify his living I suppose.

5 Likes

I would suggest asking him for a minimum weight to declare an object heavy enough to require a manual handling RA and then insist he signs on every day he moves his office chair (which I suspect will qualify)

7 Likes

Bag packing, getting risk of being run over by a trolley, ban it immediately lol :laughing:

2 Likes