Squadron Websites

[quote=“RightOn” post=12769][quote=“Baldrick” post=12763]Resurrecting this.

My Squadron needs a new website. I would ideally like one which is the same format as the corps website. Does anyone know anyone who can help me? I need like an idiots guide with a free template. (Massively on a beg here chaps.)[/quote]

Quick question Baldrick - what exactly do you mean by “the same format”?[/quote]

As in looks like it. As with the 41F website. But I’ve used that set up before and it’s buggy. The owner is a little too controlling as well.

just got our new one up and running… still some work to be done:

Baldrick what CMS were you hoping to use?

I have no idea what this means. This may indicate my level of technical know how…

1 Like

[quote=“Baldrick” post=12771][quote=“RightOn” post=12769][quote=“Baldrick” post=12763]Resurrecting this.

My Squadron needs a new website. I would ideally like one which is the same format as the corps website. Does anyone know anyone who can help me? I need like an idiots guide with a free template. (Massively on a beg here chaps.)[/quote]

Quick question Baldrick - what exactly do you mean by “the same format”?[/quote]

As in looks like it. As with the 41F website. But I’ve used that set up before and it’s buggy. The owner is a little too controlling as well.[/quote]

Could have assisted, but not with a similar design to the corps website.

1 Like

What’s the reasoning behind using the Corps template?

Are there any cadets on Sqn who would be keen on building the Sqn website and do they have any ideas on theme or what it runs on (wordpress/blogger/joomla/drupal etc)??

HTH if needed

1 Like

I hate to keep going on about sqn.ac but it’s cheap and allows for quick installation of all the major CMSs with just a few clicks.

I’m still looking at putting together a template for use by the ACO outwith the ‘official’ sources!

What are they most popular CMSs with sqns?

The current sqn.ac users tend towards Wordpress.

Cheers

DJ

Hi,

wwww.leistonaircadets.com

A little bit out of date due to work pressure, and getting other tech issues sorted out at the squadron.

Banner photo taken by a cadet (when we had gliding, but that is a different issue). Private area’s for the CI’s and Cadet’s.

Created in Wordpress and domain name paid for by CivCom at very little per year.

Hope this helps

Hi

http://abingdonaircadets.com/

Built on Wordpress, and winner of TVW (2012 & 2013) and SW Region (2013) Website Competition :wink:

Any comments or feedback welcome

[quote=“special_k” post=13318]Hi

http://abingdonaircadets.com/

Built on Wordpress, and winner of TVW (2012 & 2013) and SW Region (2013) Website Competition :wink:

Any comments or feedback welcome[/quote]

What was the prize?

Any update on the wordpress theme. I’m looking at a new website for my sqn in the spring of 2014.

still a work in progress - I’ll have some more time soon to get on with it!

Mods: Please move this to the correct place if this doesn’t fit here, but…

What is the current procedure for getting the website approved by Wing/Region/Corps or do we just get it online and wait for someone to approve a link to HQAC if we do so…? :?

I will be eternally grateful to the people in the know! (and post a link when it is online!) :worthy:

1 Like

[quote=“e.campbell” post=14988]Mods: Please move this to the correct place if this doesn’t fit here, but…

What is the current procedure for getting the website approved by Wing/Region/Corps or do we just get it online and wait for someone to approve a link to HQAC if we do so…? :?

I will be eternally grateful to the people in the know! (and post a link when it is online!) :worthy:[/quote]

My OC recently took over another squadron as well as mine and asked me to put together a website for them. ACP50 states:

The link has not been present since the redesign of the ACO website, so we sent a link through our Wing MCO to go through the chain of command (although we have heard nothing back yet and did send it in November). I would suggest your Wing MCO would be a good person to ask if no one else can shed any light here.

I did do the Wing MCO route a while back, but also no reply…

:frowning:

Am at work on nights, so thought I would ask here if anyone could shed any :idea: on it?!!

http://www.2447sqn.org/

Feedback welcome, thanks.

Looks good :slight_smile:

Mobile layout is a bit odd though, the main menu is half way down the page and the buttons at the bottom are in the wrong place.

Nice feel to it though.

Cheers

[quote=“djrice” post=19767]Looks good :slight_smile:

Mobile layout is a bit odd though, the main menu is half way down the page and the buttons at the bottom are in the wrong place.

Nice feel to it though.

Cheers[/quote]
Ah, I’d forgotten about that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Www.2056squadron.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking around for good website ideas as I used to do a squadron website as a kid (I’m glad you can’t see it now!) and now want to do one for a local club.

Do people have links to good squadron websites and commentary on what makes them good? This last bit will probably extrapolate quite nicely to generic youth clubs.