Space award

well yes we all know TG Branch should use Bader Comms more than they do.

After some technical difficulties the bronze Exploring Space course is now working on Ultilearn for cadets to access.
Itā€™s easier for staff to access it via the Training Officers area on SharePoint if they have a login. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Great! Very excited to see the other courses in this format as they come through.

Cadet feedback on the new look courses is all positive.

I have some questions about instructor delivery of this format over Teams, but for self study I think they are fantastic.

Seen on failbook that the second half of Bronze has now been released

1 Like

@anon59391077, sorry to resurrect this, but will there be any more Articulate updates on the rest of classification soon?

Has this happened yet because I canā€™t see it in miscellaneous qualifications. The e-certificates are working fine, just canā€™t add it to SMS.

Sorry to resurrect the thread but I cannot see the Blue Space award under Miscellaneous in the Fields section of SMS anymore.
Have I missed something or is this an error?
Cheers in advance.

We got it moved - Youā€™ll find it under a new Space heading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I canā€™t see it in the Fields section. Is there another way to generate a report of who has completed their Blue Space or is this something that needs passing to the devs?

there is no way of generating a report on spacc quals as far as Iā€™m aware.

1 Like

An update on the Space Syllabus for those that are interested. This note was sent to the Wing Training Officers at their conference last weekend.

Training Updates for other areas are available on The Cadet Training Portal on the Training Hub.

7 Likes

Fantastic news, and great to see some recognised qualifications coming out of the PTS too. A big thumbs up here.

4 Likes

We need to offer these btecs and the others to staff.
There are some staff who would benefit from that.

4 Likes

I have been informed that BTECs can be completed by staff, but they will have to pay for the qualification. The BTEC in Aviation studies is Ā£55 I believe. The Space one should be less because it is a smaller qualification. Iā€™ll find out if there is a formal process to this.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve found thereā€™s no formal process if a staff member wants to complete the BTEC in Aviation Studies and receive the certificate. Just email the Corps Training Officer who will give you the information you need :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard a rumour that the Space PTS badges will be launched (no pun intended) soon.

Having taught the Blue and Bronze syllabus on a number of occasions now, I personally feel that they are better suited as classification subjects rather than a standalone PTS subject.

2 Likes

Interesting ideaā€¦
Would you remove other subjects? Or just add these as options for senior/master?

I like this as an option! If it were up to me Iā€™d remove some subjects.

I am staggered that the revamp of materials for classification subjects isnā€™t the number one priority. The power-points for some subjects are woeful. But keeping on topicā€¦

5 Likes

I would replace satellites & rocketry :slight_smile: (are they still topic or am I showing my ageā€¦ :upside_down_face:

Why we need another badge I donā€™t knowā€¦

1 Like