Return of ATF

How much of an overlap was there with other trainings like H&S, RA, AVIP etc?

There was quite a lot of lap over, as an ex-cadet and having competed my RA, H&S etc there wasn’t anything new as such, however it’s based around those staff that are brand new to the Corps! :relaxed:

Awesome, hope the rest goes well and welcome to the blue suit.

Not sure why “being brand new” demands overlap with courses that NCOs need to complete in full anyway…

2 Likes

With a course booked in for next month I haven’t had any JI’s yet - so assume these can come through nearer the course as it is all virtual. Although so far I have had no formal confirmation the course will be virtual or held in the new way…

Guys that have already been, how soon before did you receive your JI’s?

Has there been any word on what/how module 2 will look like?

I assume issue of No.1 uniform will come with completion of module 2, then the long wait for issue?

I received mine 2 months before I attended Cranwell, but now sure how it works for you guys doing the virtual courses.

They have changed it now to 5 modules apparently. 1-3 is the 3 day virtual course and 4 and 5 are leadership and uniform & drill however specifics TBC on the last 2.

2 Likes

My JI’s come through 5 weeks before my OIC which is next week. So you won’t be too far off getting them.

1 Like

JI’s have arrived, game on! :eyes:

3 Likes

for a virtual course or at ATF?

Virtual course.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the dress for Virtual ATF is still short sleeve number 2s? A member of our Sqn is due to attend ATF soon and messaged us as they have misplaced JIs. Just thinking it is a bit cold for short sleeves!

It’s never too cold for short sleeves. I wear them year round to avoid the dreaded tie.

3 Likes

It says short sleeve but we had a few on in jumper and tie the other week. They didn’t mind as long as worn properly.

Do they not refer to it as 2B or similar?

As that can be with or without jumper as required.

I thought it was just no 2 (short sleeve).

Brr makes me cold just thinking about it!

Thanks I’ll pass it on.

Could always trigger them with 2b

But wearing your GPJ whilst sat at the desk :smirk:

I’m planning to wear short sleeve on Friday for the recruits’ graduation and NCO promotion parade. But then I barely feel the cold.

Surely that’s a no1s with sword jobby

1 Like

Only for the incoming CWO and FS. It is the CCF after all :rofl: