OIC 19/21 - 13-18 Jun 21 - 20 places available
OIC 22/21 - 11-16 Jul 21 - 20 places available
OIC 26/21 - 22-27 Aug 21 - 20 places available
OIC 28/21 - 12-17 Sep 21 - 20 places available
OIC 31/21 - 10-15 Oct 21 - 20 places available
OIC 34/21 - 7-12 Nov 21 - 20 places available
OIC 36/21 - 28 Nov-3 Dec 21 - 20 places available

1 Like

Apparently there has been a decision made from MOD that all accommodated courses cadet/staff alike cannot go ahead until further notice. ATF included.

However I have been told by ATF admin on Tuesday this week that it is in fact still due to go ahead but yet CoC has said differently this evening and is convinced they are correct.

Whoā€™s advice do I go with? I am dude to go on the course in September. Anyone had a similar experience?

I was due to attend Leconfield for a driving course in September after asking if they were back on. Everything was booked but I heard the next week that the decision had been made to cancel all overnight training. I checked if this meant my course was cancelled and unfortunately had confirmation that it was. Annoyingly, if iā€™d organised (and paid for) my own accommodation and travelled each day I would still be able to attend the course as they have the option of ā€˜living outā€™ and travelling in each day.

I was also told that it was an MoD last-minute decision after a meeting earlier this week and not an RAFAC one, hence the backtracking I suppose.

I have a staff member attending ATF in September. Havenā€™t heard anything official that it has been cancelled, but have heard on the grapevine that it will probably be part virtual and part practical, as others have indicated on here.

1 Like

@thatmrjonsmith @anon59391077 Take a read of the Return to F2F thread from this post if you havenā€™t already seen it. The MOD decision is mentioned over there.

Iā€™d suggest pushing back up the line for confirmation of online courses (not Leconfield, naturally).

If it wasnā€™t more broadly relevant to F2F, Iā€™d pull the ATF comments across to here, but ask that you keep the ATF-specific updates here please.

1 Like

September has been canceled. However they are planning on running two days online then doing a few days f2f asap. This came up in a ATF meeting they ran last week on teams. Id contact them before canceling plans.

Please keep us posted as to how this progresses.

1 Like

Update finally in writing.

3 Likes

Programme also.

2 Likes

Phase 2 should be extended to those who missed their course in the first half of the year before going FCFS. Time for me to live in the ATF folder to get a space

1 Like

Could someone please upload a link to this document?

This looks like a very sensible approach. Iā€™m pleased that we are able to embrace video learning and still move forwards. Looking forward to my 2 days in Nov.

It will be interesting to see what Module 2 will be.

2 Likes

It was sent via email to a member of my staff so not sure if itā€™s on Sharepoint, sorry.

Somebody needs to learn the difference between ā€œmodularā€ and ā€œmodulatedā€.

1 Like

I can confirm that the September course is the first for a new format as I received my notification yesterday. I am not looking forward to spending 8 hours in a ā€œmeetingā€.

1 Like

If you have any advice following your course for us lot in October please let us know! Iā€™ve not had any information about the course yet but keeping an eye out!

1 Like

I see via social media that the first NCO course has been completed, any feedback anyone?

Perhaps the September Mod1 theory course scared all of the participants out the organisationā€¦? :thinking::mask:

1 Like

One of my staff completed it. Although they would have liked to have met the other course members in person they said it was useful and preferable to taking a week off work. Theyā€™re especially pleased they have lost their probationary Sgt tabs too :).

2 Likes

Just wondering whether the OIC will result in being gazetted after Mod1 (and 12 months) or just losing the Acting part of the rank. Or do you need to do the Mod2 to get gazetted.

Your gazettes on appointment like you always were arenā€™t you? The Acting thing is just a HQACism?