Preparing to Return to F2F Activity... Again/Still

Same here - not a happy bunny! Especially given after talking to our local ACF bod they appear to be a bit behind us in terms of guidance from the chain of command so if they are delayed then so are we - and with SCC already back playing tug boats it makes the “joint approach” appear farcical.

Notices on the book of faces that ACF have a target date of 1st October…not sure how accurate that is but gives you an indication…

Given that schools are, currently, going back en masse in September and from all accounts going to be working very differently, the ACF seemingly planning for an October restart is eminently sensible, especially given the reactions to a couple of people coughing and or sneezing, caution has to be the byword. If the schools go back and it’s all OK it gives the likes of us a model to work to, however if it all goes belly up for schools, ‘we’ won’t have gone back and potentially having to close again, as the school model hasn’t worked. I don’t think for one minute that the schools will encounter problems with the kids, they’ve been out and about being kids for weeks. More likely adults (parents and teachers with the latter ‘guided’ by unions) being more concerned and jumpy.
We’ve been at work throughout the lockdown with all of us doing normal things, like going shopping, when not at work and there hasn’t been a cough or sniffle, other than those of us who are slaves to pollen. So I can’t see where the problems will be. There will I feel be a lot of noise from the middle of October to next March as the next flu season comes along.

I am of the same opinion.

I’ve spoken to WHQ several times trying to pin down a date for the RFCA to clear us going back into the building, and as far as I know, they have not replied to any of the WExOs emails (I was copied in on the ones the WExO sent, so they def have been asked!)

Our PPE and posters is collection only, and the cleaning is to be carried out by the Sqn staff, so even if we get the go ahead for the 1st, I reckon we’ll be unable to parade for some time after that.

That is the plan as far as I know. Quite a few other “cadet” organisations seem to be back already.

1 Like

You all seen the new guidance issued today that there is to be no overnights at all, not even CFAVs in a mess or single rooms between training days?

Will slow down the recovery for some fields a bit!

They literally just announced that we can start doing the D1 training again as a residential. Now they’re having to send out announcements saying that was, in fact, a lie.

Yeah, will likely stop the ATF return too.

Where has this nasty rumour been posted?

There was an update added to the D1 Driver Training Notification on SharePoint.

Although RAFAC is returning to face-to-face activities, we are not permitted to recommence residential courses. This means that, contrary to the earlier notification, we can’t yet process applications for D1 driver training at DST Leconfield. The inconvenience, and any confusion is regretted. As soon as this situation changes a notification will be promulgated accordingly.

Thank you!

I’m getting another strong whiff of hops and yeast.

Came out from RCs by email yesterday morning.

Might not make it down to the units yet depending how quick Wing Commanders pass it on.

In our wing.
We will hear it only once people are turned away by the guard house at cranditz.

1 Like

An ATF course in September is having a virtual module 1 over 2 days during what would have been a the week the course.

Module 2 will be practical, drill, presentation and leadership, possibly at a weekend but must be done within 12 months (COVID dependant)

One of my staff on the course in Sep and was told on the meet the ATF staff yesterday.

1 Like

Interesting concept. I assume the practical side will have to be done at Cranwell? Or will it be done locally?

I actually think that’s a really good, flexible and modern approach to training volunteers.

6 Likes

Hopefully it’ll outlive Covid too…

4 Likes

Hopefully they keep on with this. Could get part 1 done much quicker than having to wait to next August. And then if they could do Part 2 locally that would fab

For OIC & SSIC I would want to see phase 2 weekend where they are staying in a mess instead of some god awful tin army hut…

Learning how to live in the mess properly is a key skill that needs to be taught… Mostly so people don’t make a wotsit out of themselves

8 Likes