Quick Questions…

Makes sense. I think @Horriblelittletechie was already settled on full size, but that removes any doubt in my mind.

1 Like

As it’s just convention does that mean we can customise it with Sqn crest etc ?

Would look quite snazzy in the photos with the crest at the mid point of the banner carry.

1 Like

Here (after a search on SharePoint)

Yes see above - i can’t see why a Squadron cannot if Rgn and Wg can…

3 Likes

You can get a banner with a Sqn badge in it, you need your WWO to agree the design. It was in the branding guidelines on the website a while back but never made it in to a policy document. I’ll see if I can find it.

1 Like

RAF Ceremonial also permit units with official badges to have the badge on their Squadron Banner in place of the standard design , i.e. the ATC badge with unit name in a scroll underneath.

From page 13 here:

https://rafac.sharepoint.com/sites/interim/QM/Controlled%20Documents/Forms/Presentation.aspx?viewpath=%2Fsites%2Finterim%2FQM%2FControlled%20Documents%2FForms%2FPresentation.aspx&id=%2Fsites%2Finterim%2FQM%2FControlled%20Documents%2FRAFAC%20branding%20guidelines.pdf&parent=%2Fsites%2Finterim%2FQM%2FControlled%20Documents

2 Likes

Because it doesn’t say Sqns can?

1 Like

Doesn’t say they can’t…

2 Likes

There’s a sqn ldr at HQRAFAC with links into the RAF Inspectorate of Badges.

Don’t do anything without talking to him first or you could waste a lot of money.

Your sqn badge (not a crest) needs to be an official one. There are very specific rules governing this stuff.

2 Likes

as detailed in @pEp’s link above

1 Like

That’s me adding some top-quality value right there.

Although I’ll have to assume, as I don’t have access.

Not sure WWOs should be the arbiters though. This stuff is very complex and if your WWO doesn’t have a background or keen interest in heraldry and the grants process, I’m not convinced they’ll add value. No disrespect to them.

Same logic behind going to them with questions about drill. Play to your strengths.

1 Like

Ive been asked once and doubled vheck my understanding of the rules and asked for HQAC to validate the badge was official and accurate before providing a full and correct answer

Can anyone help with finding what Army medals were issued to a deceased grandparent?

My dad has been trying to find out for years, but we keep going around in circles with Glasgow sending us somewhere else, who send us somewhere else, who send us to Glasgow.

We believe he was Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers.

Question.

Best contact on an army base/garrison for an educational visit?

Trying to get contacts for next year and beyond, but even dropping details at the gate…i still have no joy in returns.

Dropped you a message

1 Like

Isn’t it all at the National Archives now? I did an online application earlier this year, still waiting for a response.

Sadly the records I’m searching for, whilst I know they exist, aren’t logged in the National Archives.

We’ve tried to reach the Regimental Museum, but had no response so far. It’s also the wrong side of the Irish Sea for us just to pop over for a visit.

At which point aren’t they still with the MOD then?

Which is Glasgow, who keep sending us somewhere else.

I’m sure you can see the frustration.

1 Like

Ah, I thought it was London. I’ve been no help here then :rofl:

I thought Glasgow was just pay?