Quick Questions…

Most of the nice stuff for shooting is produced by WO Jennings from TDT / MSW Wing WO. Drop him a message on teams and i’m sure he’ll help.

Yes, i believe so. Check ACP300 as re-ranking allowance is a claimable expense. I think I did it on a 1771 with receipt attached.

1 Like

If any current or ex forces folk on here fancy some extra pocket money this job is opening up on the 28th November.
https://apply.judicialappointments.digital/vacancy/sM0hpaf482JaZ03IyVpc/

Looking for service members to sit alongside judges in the First-tier Tribunal (War Pensions and Armed Forces Compensation Chamber). You’d need to be willing to offer a minimum of 15 days a year and the pay is £260.10 a day (which I believe would be pensionable)

1 Like

Can anyone recommend an inventory/stock keeping system? Ideally phone or tablet compatible.

I implement them for a living …but the 240k minimum project fee i guess puts me out the pic.

On a serious note, a one drive excel maybe?

My CivCom will pay that I’m sure

To elaborate (no longer a quick q) I have a stock of Fieldcraft kit and looking at lending out MTP. So something that can build an inventory and allow us to scan stuff in / out would really help.

Could self-host ISLE of a raspberry Pi or old laptop and plug in a barcode scanner

1 Like

That could be a good cadet project!

Ideally I want to scan on a phone, our stores don’t have internet or power sockets)

I’ve been using an Excel sheet and no one…no one signs stuff out without me knowing. But some way of scanning with a phone sounds interesting, but keeping it simple works for me.

1 Like

There’s some apps that do it but the ones I can find with custom QR support are $30/m which we can’t justify.

Imagine the amount of QR codes youd need to make for each uniform size :grimacing:

It’s not actually that many. Fewer than a dozen maybe? From the kit we loan out for camps it’s really only a couple of sizes.

Back to quick questions…

Anybody know what happened to ACP20 - PI 104 - Annex E - RAFAC Health and Personal Support Plan???

PI 104 appears to have become ACP15. But the Annex has been quietly dropped.

Wondered if it was in ACP29… But that puts you back in a circular reference looking for PI104 Annex E…

Each of the nice RAFAC Specific Support Guidance also make reference to the illusive support plans… But I can’t find them anywhere…

1 Like

Can anyone share a copy of the in service RAF fitness standards?

I’ve found an old, out-of-date black & white copy online, but nothing more recent.

With regards to the mandatory cold illness course, I’ve completed all sections (both lessons and assessments), but it’s showing that the lessons of part 3 and 4 are incomplete. Are there any ways to troubleshoot this or will I need to talk to staff?

When is it from? It’s not changed much

No, it’s a bug. Just wait for it to be fixed, don’t do anything.

1 Like

2014, strangely enough via an FOI.

The colour system was brought in whilst I was in the army, and this one I’ve found appears to be from that time originally, so late 00s.

Edit: here’s the link https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5a7d959140f0b65084e76143/FOI_03769_RAF_Fitness_Tests_Redacted.pdf

Yes, that’s up to date.

2 Likes

Anyone had experience with electric minibuses? Including options for charging them. I’m assuming that plugging them into the Sqn or at an MOD destination would be forbidden and cause lots of trouble.

The 9-seater we’re looking at has a quoted range of 130 miles, which could be enough for the 100-110 mile roundtrip to flying/gliding. We could then plug it in at the local garage to recharge.