Queens Jubilee Medal - are there still people waiting?

Good Job Paul!

1 Like

I asked Wing HQ and said I’d happily go direct to the medal office, keep waiting and absolutely don’t do that… So I asked Region, keep waiting. That was about six weeks ago though.
If you ask VoV keep us updated as I forget to look at Teams!

Someone has used VoV to ask a question about the King’s coronation medal, and the answer is pretty much, ‘we haven’t decided yet!’

That’s not what it says on VoV. The answer is, paraphrasing, ‘I’m not sure, I’ve contacted those who will know and suggested they update the organisation’. Which is a perfectly acceptable response imo.

1 Like

And that ‘I’m not sure’ is coming from a Regional Commandant who hasn’t been told, or hasn’t thought to ask the question.

It’s hardly surprising people resort to FOI.

Somebody has asked and the RC has said that he will ask HQ and has suggested a Corps-Wide update on both medals.

I think he may be optimistic to think he will get an actual reply, but lets see.

1 Like

Update: there is no update yet. I suspect the RC will be ignored by HQ too.

I know someone who did contact the medal office directly (wasn’t me :rofl:) and was told by them that they have had no request for a QPJM for him. When he questioned Wing HQ over it, knuckle wrapped for contacting medal office directly, followed by we’ll speak to HQAC and find out. He was told that HQAC haven’t submitted T2 names to medal office yet but that he is part of T2 and will get a medal, just not sure when.

How much truth is in the reply from HQAC I don’t know. I’m on T2 and was originally told a rough timescale of when to expect the medal, that’s been and gone. I’ve moved Wings and Regions three times since the Jubilee.
If they haven’t submitted T2 names for medals by now are they ever going to?

1 Like

There is a rumour, that ive heard from multiple sources, including perm staff that the deadline for submission for T2 was missed by the organisation.

Which if true means does it mean that people can go to the medal office direct?

Which probably accounts for the lack of comms from HQAC.

If that’s the case then own up, admit you’ve messed up and tell us what, if anything you’re doing to fix it, if it can be rectified.

Silence from HQAC isn’t going to make the situation any better.

2 Likes

Since i started this topic - had so many replies and I’ve been pushing too as has Sector Commanders and others so the powers to be know its not going away in fact the clamour seems to be getting louder at ground level.

Does anyone have the telephone number for the medal office?

1 Like

2 Likes

If anyone has any luck from contacting the MO, do let us know.

If HQ have really missed the deadline that is disgusting.

I quite agree though, if they held their hands up and shared what they are doing to resolve the matter, that would at least show some integrity.

The fact they are ignoring the RC’s requests shows something is going on.

3 Likes

There was an FOI about this and it was confirmed there is no deadline for Tranche 2 and no emails from HQ Staff about having missed it.

1 Like

Might have more luck doing an FOI to the Medals Office about contact they have had with HQAC

4 Likes

Would be a smaller return based on level of contact …
:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Response from Gp Capt:

HQ have contacted the medal office…awaiting a response.

I mean, its only been two years…

Does this mean they have only just submitted the T2 names now?