Queens Jubilee Medal - are there still people waiting?

That depends on whether the individual starts the ball rolling.

I’ve no idea where they have got the idea that RAF VRT are eligible for the VRSM the most recent DIn published in the last few months which was the first update for numerous years explicitly exclude the RAFVR (T). Unless they have agreed a change then someone just made an assumption that they are eligible for the VRSM it’s a bit of a stuff up. An argument could also be made quite strongly that the RAF VRT are also no longer eligible for the CFM due to the change in the definition of what counts as “Cadet Force Adult Volunteer” in recent Air Publications and the royal warrant requiring it only be for service as “Cadet Force Adult Volunteers”. This could mean that AEF pilots are not entitled to the VRSM or the CFM although they definitely should be for at least one.

1 Like

This is the question I’ll be asking.

1 Like

It should clearly be the CFM. They just need to reintroduce the concept of the RAFVR(T).

What remains of the RAFVR(T) is not suddenly more “reserve” than it was just because it no longer covers everyone else in the RAFAC, therefore the VRSM wouldn’t fit the bill at all.

2 Likes

Interesting thing is that I am aware of significant but numerically small number of ACF officers who historically used to be awarded the Territorial Decoration due to their TA Type B commission (the Territorial Army precursor for officers for VRSM) alongside the CFM. Meaning double medalling.
I believe it was a strange anomaly where they just did it without being any policy it seemed to stop when VRSM came in so MODMO & its single service predecessors making things up without actual policy supporting it isn’t without precedent. At one point the MOD made up an entire new CFM policy and enforced it for years without ever actually getting Royal Approval. So :man_shrugging: I wouldn’t put anything past the MOD. Very few people actually are interested enough in the policy of this to know when people are doing it wrong. One of those sad ones whose been interested in Medals & militaria for over 30 years

Could be worse-think of the Bomber Command & Artic Convoy vets who had to wait decades for medals/clasps.

If I’m still waiting in 2033 for my coronation gong then I’ll start asking questions, but suspect the response will be they had to wait until the date on the medal was not in the future.

1 Like

correct as I should put in for at least 1 or 2 bars but never bothered in the end. I’ll get round to it at some stage

So you could quite rightly say it’s my fault,

it doesn’t change the fact that applying for your own entitled award/recognition makes it possible to receive these multiple bars at the same time - and this is the “wrong” part imo

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat - I am also not in receipt of 2x CFM clasps.
I am starting to wonder why !

@Scrounger did you ever get an answer on the question you asked re the VRSM situation?

I didn’t get chance to ask however there is another 6FTS meeting this week so I’ll ask.

1 Like

Since the Queens Jubilee, she passed, the king was coronated, Southampton were relegated and then promoted.

Southampton players have more medals than I

Couldn’t make it up :rofl:

1 Like

Just buy one. Thats what my other half did. One day they might surprise him and send it on! He has now resigned as well. He is still entitled to the medal though. One day! …

Just be careful who you buy the medals from.

3 Likes

Really does show how inept the IOPC is in that article :rofl:

It’s such a shame this case as he is a really good senior officer and there aren’t many of those, he’s just shot himself in the foot (or possibly higher up and more central) for no reason other than Walting.

2 Likes

Where do we go from here now?

I have two staff awaiting T2 Medal awarding and they are now being ignored by Wg HQ. We are 2 years on from QPJ!!!

I am happy to start ramping up the emails up the CoC now.

Any suggestions of how to approach this for best likelihood of success.

RHQ now that WHQ are no longer getting back?

Anyone heard ANYTHING?

2 Likes

Perhaps bring it up on VoV? RC North is very good at responding to this sort of thing. The fact you have already tried the CoC and had no luck shows you’re not just trying to be awkward and circumvent anyone, you’re just after a response.

Can they apply direct now? Medals: campaigns, descriptions and eligibility - GOV.UK

It says to go through your unit if still serving, but if they’ve left then they can apply through the online form

1 Like

Anyone got the teams code for VoV…i dont have it on my teams?

1 Like

vge60ec

2 Likes