Queens Jubilee Medal - are there still people waiting?

Believe that 2 years ago atleast one WEXO in the Corps who was/is RAFR(CC) (He might still be serving not sure)they’ve not appointed anyone to that commission type since the early 2000s I believe but their is a few in the wider RAF who still retain it. Big difference being as it’s mixed Civil Servant T&Cs that the standards military retirement ages dont apply and they can continue serving indefinitely as long as they stay in the same role they were appointed RAFR (CC). If they change roles or jobs even to one that was previously a RAFR (CC) job IE WEXO in one wing to WEXO in another they would revert to plain Civil Servant with CFC Commission. Their cant be many left but theoretically someone appointed in their 20s to. RAFR (CC) might have 20-30 years left of working life. I suspect it will disappear over the next 10-15 years when most retire due to age people were normally appointed to it.

1 Like

If anyone is so desperate for QPJM or C3R Coronation Medal, just go buy one from Worcester Medals. Who will know or even care?

1 Like

you mean apart from the person wearing it? Standards old boy, Standards

2 Likes

@JoeBloggs posting on a different thread got me looking at all the FOIs with HQAC at the moment.
Turns out you don’t need to worry about having missed the deadline. Doesn’t mean you’ll get the medal anytime soon, but it’s not too late.

2 Likes

Strike!

I have heard on the grape vine that a New DIN has been issued today for the QPJM which now explicitly includes the AEF pilots who remained RAF VR(T)

4 Likes

that would be a deserved award I’d suggest

I’m currently on the DiN page on Defence Connect and there’s no sign of a DiN for the QPJM however I did find the distribution timeline for the CM. Cranwell received 3179 medals on the 12th Feb for distribution. I wonder if any of ours were in there… probably not!

It sometimes takes ages for anyone to actually add it to Defence Connect. There is a request box which you can ask for it to be added

I’m online today for annual security training…

I’ll have a look at the master DIN list on the defence homepage.

You’ve just reminded me, I’ll need to do that as well.

Sounds fun :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Found it.

'Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve (Training). Personnel holding RAFVR(T)

commissions within No 2 and No 6 Flying Training School are eligible for the QPJM.

Qualifying criteria are based on that for other Cadet Force Adult Volunteers as set out at

below.

i. Uniformed Cadet Force Adult Volunteers of the MOD sponsored Cadet Forces

(1) Basic Criteria. A minimum of 1826 days (five years) membership (not

necessarily continuous) of the MOD sponsored Cadet Forces as a uniformed adult

volunteer or as a cadet over the age of 18; additionally, any previous qualifying

Regular or Reserve service may count in accordance with Para 8 below. Any

service must have started on or before 7 Feb 17 and service with the Cadet

Forces before 31 Aug 21. Personnel must be in effective service on 6 Feb 22.’

3 Likes

interesting - no mention of minimum training days in 2020/21 or 2021/22?

1 Like

There is

'Effective Service.

(i) Community Cadet Forces (SCC, VCC, ACF and ATC). In addition to the membership requirement above, personnel must have completed five years’ effective volunteer service, defined as a minimum of 15 days’

5 OFFICIAL

OFFICIAL

volunteer service per training year (1 Apr to 31 Mar), with weekday evening parade nights each counting as 1⁄4 of a day. To recognise the effects of COVID-19 on the levels of training, the minimum requirement for the training year 2020/21 is reduced to 7 days’ volunteer service and, for 2021/22, to 10 days. The training year 2021/22 must be one of the qualifying years to count.’

ahhh ok - you had snipped that bit for brevity :+1:

With the release of the new DiN I’m hoping we’ll get the QPJM in the not too distant future however, I am aware that some haven’t received theirs having been confirmed as receiving it last year.

1 Like

So we’ve had an update and 6FTS HQ have been told by the MODMO that they will receive all our medals in 4-6 weeks for onward distribution.

5 Likes

Have we really only got 3179 uniformed staff with 5 or more years service?
That seems really low.

I’d suspect that is RAF Cranwell, rather than the RAFAc

3 Likes