Put it on my (rank) tab!

A guy in our area got you beat on titles, he once also invented himself a position of “Deputy Sector Commander”, wasn’t a real position, wasn’t appointed, wasn’t actually a thing, he just slipped it into his email signature one day…

Ironically had a little paddy that he had too many roles and was too busy as well as being an OC, then had a further paddy and quit.

2 Likes

Plt Off (waiting on promotion papers) and Section OC.

1 Like

No time for those types.

Tbh I was safe handsing some of those pre lockdown and plan on shifting once normality resumes

CI (for now). Sqn Adj and Rgn LGBT+ Rep. I’ve somehow picked up a few other responsibilities on and off Sqn, but nothing that counts as a formally established post…

Group captain, Regional commandant, Super secret ACC spy

23 Likes

I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be along soon, but it was a mistake for it to be a called CO. A Commanding officer is someone at a certain OF rank, I think Brigadier? Possibly Colonel level?

2 Likes

I know we’re not in the same area so it wasn’t me, but for a short stint I tried to support our sector commander (at his request) as his deputy. I did things like H&S checks, MOI assessments, all the fun stuff. I didn’t put it in a job title but I was given a wsoX.wing Bader account for it.

This is what I understood as well, and is somewhat verified by Wikipedia

1 Like

Navy: yeah we just call them “boss”.

It’s not really unique to them, but I like how it made it into their paltry wiki entry.

General dogsbody. Jack of all trades, Master of none. Never good enough in the eyes of the establishment.

Fg Off - Adj, looking forward to my final promotion to CI in the coming months!

8 Likes

8 year old data now but i did the same as a poll in 2013 - see here

with the following summary

70% of respondents wear a uniform (VRT/SNCOs)

49% of respondents are VRTs
21% are SNCOs
19% are CIs

57% of respondents are in the 20 - <35 age bracket
21% are 35 - <50
and only 11% are 50+

Plt Off (with a bit of joy soon to be Fg Off), Sqn TrgOff and WAvnO.

2 Likes

I was only a CI but my DBS lapsed on 31st March so I am left without a login. Mentioned it in the group chat and was told ages ago they would get a form sent out which never arrived. Mentioned it again a few days ago and was told they would chase it up (Meaning they probably never sent off months ago) :man_shrugging:

OberChiefSkyMarshal.

Flt Lt VR(T), ex Sqn Ldr VR(T)

20+ year Flt Lt (apparently too much of an idiot to make it any further) ex regular GD/P, ex CO of 2 Sqns, ex VGS, ex AEF, ex RNR (SCC) Lt Diving Instructor, got 2 ex’s…Supernumerary pain in the butt on Sqn and recently transferred to AGS

Been up and down the roller coaster that is ranks over the years but currently sitting at Sqn Ldr with a primary at HQ and a couple of secondary roles elsewhere in the corps.

I am afraid I can’t divulge as it will give away my secret squirrel persona.

21 Likes

I’m a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning.

4 Likes