Process to apply for MOD90

I have it on good authority that having recently applied for my 90 I should be ready by the first week of 2022

Ready for expiry third week of 2022.

1 Like

I don’t have a suitable photo so I’ve been initially holding out applying until I get promoted to avoid the hassle of resending and waiting but obviously given Covid not sure when I’ll be eligible due to achieving the matrix

Utterly ridiculous.

Are you expecting a Sqn Ldr promotion? Otherwise my understanding is that you don’t change it on promotion to Flg Off or Flt Lt

Or when it reaches its expiry date :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

There’s no requirement to replace a MOD 90 on promotion. Provided that the rank on the card is within one rank above or below your current rank, that’s fine.

There was an ATC policy a while back which said that, whilst the MOD policy is that cards may be replaced on change of rank, we weren’t going to do that because of the unnecessary additional cost.
I don’t know if that was ever officially rescinded but I have known people who’ve applied and had it replaced on those grounds.

I’ve known people who have had their MOD 90 taken off them by the guard room because they had the wrong rank. Pretty sure it was Fg Off to Flt Lt difference

Ah that’s interesting, I had just assumed that it would need to be replaced given you are portraying 2 different ranks which I personally feel does look a bit dodgy and I’d certainly question it if someone was presenting with such and such tapes and a different MOD90 rank.

But if those are the rules, once Covid is more relaxed then I’ll try and get a photo asap so I can send away for it.

Officer in our Unit applied Nov 19, I’m told it will be arriving this week!

Stunning turn around time.

I applied in April 2020. It came through about a fortnight ago.

My re rank in 2019 took 6 weeks from form to. Delivery… Maybe i was lucky

I get that we’re a lower priority, but it’s not as if the armed forces is that big to require a huge effort all the time…

When I first got mine they wouldn’t do re-ranks, you had to wait for it to expire!

1 Like

FYI applied in December 2019, received in May 2021. Issue date was April 2021. Fact!

I’ve got another year then :laughing:

16.5 weeks later - nothing.

2 Likes

It really does depend on WHQ and the pile at HQAC.

My turn around at work was one and a half weeks… we send them directly to the bldg in Gosport where they get processed.

With RAFAC they go via wg, get signed and then (I think) bounce up to HQAC and pinball machine around some RAF offices first — both there and back!

Just ridiculous admin faff for no reason!

3 Likes