Process to apply for MOD90

I think the way to solve that particular silly problem would be by making sure someone telephones the SSO whenever a cadet or CI requires chaperoning… :grin:

7 Likes

Indeed, so was I, but they seemed to clamp down much harder after that brief period on people being allowed in. We’ll see what the risk appetite is I guess.

I think he instituted the rule because he found a bunch of OTC cadets wandering about and was unhappy about them being there.

But they get MOD90s anyway don’t they?

Nope. They get their own weird ersatz MOD90 - at least according to a friend who was in the OTC. I guess it’s a bit like the CI cards.

Strange given that UAS and URNU cadets do get real ones (I think).

1 Like

Today I learn. :slightly_smiling_face: Just assumed they would get them!

I definitely got a real one in the UAS.

Which I didn’t when at Cranwell on IOT!

1 Like

I didn’t even get that.

MOD90s were only given to those who did camps/AT abroad. This was a fair few years ago though.

I say MOD90, but as I understand it it was just a card with key info on it, not even a photo.

Yeah I literally got zilch, not even that. Modnet account & email address, uniform and a payslip every now and again was it. That and likely a damaged liver from the mess dinners/socials.

2 Likes

I applied for mine in May 2019. Finally arrived until Oct 2020.

So I guess I should have my card by April sometime. Is it correct in saying that a first time MOD90 issuance takes almost 18 months to issued? If so this should be communicated out to everyone. Also I suppose one ought not to wear uniform in public so as to not to be told they are impersonating someone from the RAF and not being able to produce the ID??

No, it wouldn’t normally take anywhere near that long.
I’m afraid I can’t recall how long it took get my first MOD90 - it was a little while ago now.

There’s absolutely no reason to worry about being accused of impersonating someone. Once your appointment is confirmed you can wear uniform.

1 Like

Posted my stuff to my WHQ today so the timer has started. Don’t actually know what days they’re in though so that’ll probably delay things.

It’s been a couple of years since my last, but I’m pretty sure I was counting weeks not months.

First step sorted. WHQ have done their bit and sent it up to HQAC.

Pre-covid, it has never taken more than a month for my or my Sqn Staff MoD90 applications to be sorted. I’ve not applied for any since then so that will probably change.

Four weeks later - no update.

Have emailed WHQ this morning to ask if they know anything but suspect the E1 isn’t in today.

Been waiting for mine after its renewal for 6 months now.

Total joke.

Don’t get your hopes up… I sent off my renewal almost a year ago.