Process to apply for MOD90

If my memory serves me correctly there is a time limit on the photo. Something like 10 years.

1 Like

On the form it says:

authorised by a Warrant officer equivalent/D Grade (or above) who should be the Line Manager of the applicant.

I think we take this to mean the WExO.

On the OIC this week and the RAFP says there is a 7 week delay for the production of the cards and there is a backlog at RAFAC HQ as there is only person that is processing the requests

Interesting they also confirmed if you have a valid SC from a government dept you do NOT need to need to undertake a BPSS as they will share your SC clearance and if you work for a List X company and you need SC you apply for share from RAFAC with the List X Company

That’s useful to know. I’ll speak to HQAC again. I’ve been arguing over this exact point. It took months of arguing to get them to accept I already had DV when I joined so didn’t need to do SC.

I suppose the question is why is none of this shared with people at the coal face?

Like so many admin processes in this organisation you just send a form out into the wild blue yonder and hope for the best.

Don’t suppose they’ve said anything about how we’re getting No1s if we’ve done the virtual OIC?

No but I can raise the question today on it

2 Likes

I’d be interested on if there’s an update on this too!

Danke

Please do, not had any joy on fleabay so far and chances of getting anywhere near parent station this year are nil.

My MOD90 still has my photo from when I joined the TA in 2007…

Apparently (and perhaps unsurprisngly) nobody checks… :smiley:

I knew I’d read it somewhere…

1 Like

Doesn’t say you can’t reuse the original

1 Like

Doesn’t it need to be in blues though?

I have always been told this but have had more than one crop out the uniform on the photograph.

Interesting. The lack of suitable photograph (and waiting for promotion) is the main reason for not having a MOD90 yet. Admittedly I don’t have a suitable one in MTP either! Would be nice if they’d just accept passport ones!

I didn’t put a tie on for my first application. Got rejected.

Then for my second attempt I wore a tie and they accepted it and cut off the bloody uniform anyway from the picture :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Apparently you can be rejected for the photo being on the wrong sort of paper too.

They say that, and make it sound like it’s quite a big deal.
Although in reality, that hasn’t happened to me.

The last two photos I’ve supplied have been taken at home and printed with an ink jet on Poundland type glossy photopaper. No issues.

I think the issue was it being on normal printer paper…