Preparing to Return to F2F Activity... Again/Still

Which version are we supposed to return to WHQs… its changing faster than a lady of the night’s knickers.

Edit - rhetorical question

I’d guess the most recent, or ask your wing hq.

Really… really… @Baldrick grammar checking and correcting now…?

@Baldrick the ‘apostrophe’ king!

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Just take it down a notch.

What?
Do the :joy::rofl: not make it clear enough that it’s all in good humour?

Did someone scratch you pace stick?

Of more importance.
Has anyone actually received on their Sqns any of the supplies as per the IBN?

I am waiting for our ‘shipment’, but have been told it may take 4 to 6 weeks.

Civ com have purchased everything necessary. But its evident we will need quite a lot with our numbers to keep things going.

What are other units doing?

No need for the flippant comment, please keep within the parameters of the topic at hand.

your*

1 Like

Waiting for feedback on our request for a supply drop.

We know we’ve been inspected and have fired queries back and forward with WHQ. We have ideas in our heads, but until we get in there and know what/when we’re getting stuff we’ve reached the “wait” after the “hurry up”.

1 Like

We’ve been told, pretty much explicitly, to assume we get nothing and make our plans with that. So Civ Com will be purchasing everything needed.

1 Like

I was pondering whether to edit the whole phrase, but I just settled on making sure it made sense instead :wink:

Edit: and I put it in the wrong place! :smiley: :rofl:

1 Like

Five versions in less than 5 weeks, who’d have thought, eh, and still a few more weeks to go. Given how fluid things have been since March, planning in advance for anything based on advice/guidance weeks before it happens has been folly. You only need to look at people planning/going on holiday amid the fluidity. We managed to get our money back in March only taking a hit for £100 for the deposit and no intention of even considering a holiday this year or next.
I’m still convinced that these documents were and still are little more than those in the ivory towers making it seem they are worth their pandemic salary payments. These documents should and still have sat within HQAC until the time we go back, as they would then reflect the current as of time of publication, advice/guidance. But as we cannot be regarded as an essential ‘service’, we should be one of the last things to ‘reopen’.

Why should CWCs be expected to buy these things when it is written that they will be supplied? I know it’s how it works , ‘we’ go and buy things due to frustration as HQAC continue to fail so abjectly. As a result HQAC have got complacent about supplying things, knowing they haven’t got to even bother, offering up lame excuses and in wade CWCs. If as it seems some are going to buy the current promised supplies it’s giving in/up to HQAC’s incompetence, in which they seem wiling to wallow. It would be better if they said sqns buy it and get reimbursed. Although this would mean sqns being subject to market pricing, as opposed to what you would hope be HQAC through the MOD using bulk purchase pricing.

I’m not even bothering to focus on the exact details at the moment.

I am fairly certain that the fundamentals will not change, so have based planning around that, but I’m not going to even think about the specifics until close to the time for the fact they are changing like the wind. I’m not going to waste time developing a full plan now only to have to change it all in a few weeks time. Granted once we have reopened there will need to be some reviewing and tweaking, but that is all part of it.

Not in ENGLAND, in England we are go, providing we have applied the details in the guidance.

Jersey Squadron is back running following the guidance as they are still social distancing unlike the Isle of Man.

Why not, the only services yet to open are close contact services along with large gatherings at sport events. Even where local lockdowns are being applied, the restriction is that you can’t go to another person’s house, but you can still go to a restaurant etc.

Who told you this? The IBN 32/2020 is clear that cleaning supplies will be provided. Our WHQ have confirmed that our order has been placed and they are awaiting receipt and will then arrange for distribution.

Our CivCom have asked what we need and are prepared to support. It needs to be considered that not all CivComs are sitting on money that can be spent on cleaning materials.

1 Like

Which includes the building inspection by RFCA which we’ve been told probably won’t happen before October.

I am humbled by those of you who are well into planning for a resumption of activities. I am waiting till we get access to the building before getting anywhere near planning anything else.

I estimate that will likely be September/October judging by the lack of action notified. Once we get access, then it will have to be cleaned (is that down to volunteers, or RFCA!), so not sure how long that will take, let alone the supply of PPE etc, so my expectation is that we might be back in time for some Remembrance Day prep, if that goes ahead in any meaningful format, then onto planning for the Christmas party!

See you in 2021…

2 Likes

remember public parades and such are prohibited under the new guidelines…

1 Like

There’s a while to go before Remembrance, but our Legion has advised the most there will be is an ‘Act of Remembrance’ with wreath laying on an invited basis, no parade or mass gathering. When I asked our vicar about things he said that he doubts there will be any church services due to the limited numbers in churches or singing at any events that take place.

No singing of hymns… Well, there’s the silver lining to all this.

Somehow people always manage to choose 4 utter dirges for our local service… And how is it that Churches always manage to pitch the hymns so that nobody is singing in a comfortable range? That takes some real skill.

5 Likes

With my RBL hat on we’ve starting the planning process as normal - if nothing else we need to be ready to submit the road closure request by the end of the month so this can be considered in September and issued in October all in good time.

What else it looks like, well time will tell. note that this Saturday is VJ Day and there are numerous “parades” taking place.

i say “parades” - there is no marching and only 30 persons maximum permitted to attend. Of course how to manage that in public outdoor spaces (most events i predict are held at the town memorial) i have no idea…

for those interested this is what RBL HQ released a few weeks ago: