Preparing to Return to F2F Activity... Again/Still

Its good that the RBL are thinking about this…i was referring to in the F2F training guide…

I do hope some in HQAC has engaged with the RBL around cadets currently not attending and that information…certainly know our local ones are very vocal and damn right rude if as a Sqn we don’t attend an event of theirs.

1 Like

Thanks for those clarifications on parades, outlooks seems even more pessimistic than I was!

Roll on Easter?

For as long as I can remember the hymns at Remembrance Parades have been what I call traditional hymns that fit the occasion. Whether you regard these as dirges I don’t know, but take it from a regular church goer there ones that are a lot, lot worse.

2 Likes

Our branch secretary pinged this to us the other week and while not surprised I was disappointed as this is the real end of WW2 not VE Day.
I’ve not been formally invited but I’m going to lay a wreath after the event on Saturday on behalf of the sqn, we normally attend this every year.

no one is surprised…

3 Likes

Sympathise about the hymns - known some ceremonial officers wanting to stick to what they think people know, or for which the band have music… which can explain why pitching is different inside/outside church (band/organ) - had to sing something this morning with my wife on piano, which was in a horrendous key for us both - that really takes some organising…
Depending on the “theme” of an address, I don’t think the number of good Remembrance options is huge - “O valiant hearts” seems Marmite… Getting the speed right would help!
Preached on the Centenary of the Armistice and someone said it was “a bit sombre”… er, yes?!
Often tried to focus forward and sing Jerusalem…
Was in a huge Cenotaph service once where all the Church ministers started getting clapped because someone thought the Sally Army guy’s hat looked military… everyone stopped once they realised!

1 Like

So because I use a Joint Cadet Centre, apparently I get no cleaning materials from RAFAC sources, so now need to reach out to my CAA to arrange this.

I bet the fact the ACF aren’t back to 1 Sep for CFAVs and 1 Oct for Cadets this will no doubt delay me :ohmygod:

2 Likes

From talking to my WHQ they are provided by C-stores on your parent station. I fail to see how C-stores would care whether you share or not though?

Yeah but the accountants do!

1 Like

Same here - not a happy bunny! Especially given after talking to our local ACF bod they appear to be a bit behind us in terms of guidance from the chain of command so if they are delayed then so are we - and with SCC already back playing tug boats it makes the “joint approach” appear farcical.

Notices on the book of faces that ACF have a target date of 1st October…not sure how accurate that is but gives you an indication…

Given that schools are, currently, going back en masse in September and from all accounts going to be working very differently, the ACF seemingly planning for an October restart is eminently sensible, especially given the reactions to a couple of people coughing and or sneezing, caution has to be the byword. If the schools go back and it’s all OK it gives the likes of us a model to work to, however if it all goes belly up for schools, ‘we’ won’t have gone back and potentially having to close again, as the school model hasn’t worked. I don’t think for one minute that the schools will encounter problems with the kids, they’ve been out and about being kids for weeks. More likely adults (parents and teachers with the latter ‘guided’ by unions) being more concerned and jumpy.
We’ve been at work throughout the lockdown with all of us doing normal things, like going shopping, when not at work and there hasn’t been a cough or sniffle, other than those of us who are slaves to pollen. So I can’t see where the problems will be. There will I feel be a lot of noise from the middle of October to next March as the next flu season comes along.

I am of the same opinion.

I’ve spoken to WHQ several times trying to pin down a date for the RFCA to clear us going back into the building, and as far as I know, they have not replied to any of the WExOs emails (I was copied in on the ones the WExO sent, so they def have been asked!)

Our PPE and posters is collection only, and the cleaning is to be carried out by the Sqn staff, so even if we get the go ahead for the 1st, I reckon we’ll be unable to parade for some time after that.

That is the plan as far as I know. Quite a few other “cadet” organisations seem to be back already.

1 Like

You all seen the new guidance issued today that there is to be no overnights at all, not even CFAVs in a mess or single rooms between training days?

Will slow down the recovery for some fields a bit!

They literally just announced that we can start doing the D1 training again as a residential. Now they’re having to send out announcements saying that was, in fact, a lie.

Yeah, will likely stop the ATF return too.

Where has this nasty rumour been posted?

There was an update added to the D1 Driver Training Notification on SharePoint.

Although RAFAC is returning to face-to-face activities, we are not permitted to recommence residential courses. This means that, contrary to the earlier notification, we can’t yet process applications for D1 driver training at DST Leconfield. The inconvenience, and any confusion is regretted. As soon as this situation changes a notification will be promulgated accordingly.

Thank you!