Preparing to Return to F2F Activity... Again/Still

Or you could just take responsibility for somethings yourself? We have plenty of arrangements in place with local training establishments that we have organised ourselves. But I suppose it’s easier to just moan.

2 Likes

these ones
https://www.forces.net/news/your-military-base-closing-read-full-list-sites-shutting [forces.net]

nothing new i can see in that list, but some dates/years may have changed

Notice DBS Cheadle Hulme is closing. Perhaps our DBS applications can be done online.

Will prob mean HQAC won’t realise and DBS applications will just stop for 6 months…

:man_facepalming::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

7 Likes

That’s a big list of stuff closing…

Army looks like it’s hit pretty hard!
Also dont understand why the citadel and stone house are closing in Plymouth!?

Also isnt Colerne an AEF?

Well from some Coronavirus Conference Call minutes from April 2020:

A business case is being produced by both the RAFAC and ACF regarding us using the
electronic DBS system and pulling away from paper copies. This business case details potential cost savings, however, is getting a little resistance from the MOD as they still want us to go through Cheadle Hulme.

1 Like

Lol ‘there will be a weekly commandants challenge’ she even failed at that!

Well there was a weekly quiz for a little while.
and a monthly challenge

Was there? Clearly didnt reach deepest darkest Borsetshire.

I know there was the monthly commandants challenge.

seconded - first i heard of it

as for monthly challenge - wasn’t there just two??

@Paracetamol & @steve679

It was hosted on https://www.rafacmedia.co.uk/ and was posted about quite a few times on the National Social Media.

And yes, there was a poem competition and a photography competition but can’t think of any others. I don’t think they had a great deal of uptake.

Unsurprisingly

1 Like

Yeah, the one that went up, was quickly ripped down due to poor implementation, then reinstated after some adjustments?

3 Likes

well yes. . . nice idea, extra planning and oversight required.

1 Like

Not for another 5 years of living in the past to keep jobs that should be redundant, as they seem to be in the rest of the UK. For crying out loud the Church of England does online DBS and the CofE normally operates in geologic time scales.

Does anybody else find it unsurprisingly typical that the Sea Cadets went back 2 months ago when cases were at a low point, and the Air Cadets, always behind the drag curve, are now starting to filter back with cases soaring again?

What’s the betting that HQAC put out an announcement soon lauding the fact that the majority of squadrons are back, only for them to shut us down again about a day later?

1 Like

Certainly where I am this is not the case. I can’t see any squadron in our sector opening soon, unfortunately.

Ditto

6 /10 tonight… Progress

10 Likes

Any info from them on the no-shows on your first night?