Platinum Jubilee

I always buy replicas to be mounted anyway.

4 Likes

I’ve just mounted the ones I’ve been issued. They’re the ones I’ve earned in my mind. :person_shrugging:
Don’t blame you though. I’ve done several platty joobs over the past few months, and the difference between the “replicas” and issued medals is pretty stark. The ones brought are, weirdly, better than the issue ones, despite coming from the same place.

Maybe the initial casting was awful due to the number required and subsequent castings are better… Who knows.

Also waiting for T2 issue, not a peep from Wing HQ on when it will appear either.
I’ll ask again today.

1 Like

While begrudgingly watching today’s Father Brown on catch up tonight with She who must be obeyed I noticed that even a police Chief Inspector in 1950s Gloucestershire received their QPJM before any CFAV!

Picture quality is somewhat lacking but unless I’m mistaken he’s wearing 39-45 Star, France & Germany Star, Defence Medal, War Medal 39-45 with MiD, & QPJM.

Father Brown appears to have the 1914 (possibly 1914-15) Star, British War Medal, & Victory Medal.

Wardrobe so nearly got it right.

It looks more like an Army LS&GC medal to me, but I get where you’re coming from.

2 Likes

Or it could be the 1953 Coronation Medal looking at the mount. The QPJM was based on this but with a single blue stripe rather than the two ( for E11R) in the coronation medal. That would be period correct.

2 Likes

If you look it up it is indeed the coronation medal. Two blue stripes.

Anyone had any recent news re T2 ?

The question was asked to my Wing HQ this week, nothing to report…just wait…

LaSER T2 notified this week; around 8 months after submission, no ‘hardware’ yet, but at least ribbons and miniatures can go on.

I wonder how long T3 will take!!

According to IMDB Terminator 3 is one hour and 49 minutes long

1 Like

Thats the ladies style of ribbon.

Just had sight of an update for SW from HQ where SW asked for an update.

Sorry, no - it’s likely to be a few more months but I can’t say more than that at the moment.

1 Like

We’re still waiting for news of T2. Any asks into Wing HQ get the ‘don’t know, be patient’ reply.

Pretty rubbish to be honest now.

It’s been over a year since I found my eligibility (I know, full timer), how difficult is it for a wing to sift through their staff to work out eligibility…

1 Like

The fact I’m in T2 was entirely down to a Wing messing-up and nothing to do whether I was eligible which makes this even more laughable. My Sqn was active on Teams twice a week throughout lockdown and we returned to F2F as soon as we were allowed so I ticked more than enough days off.

I was in Wing A when the submissions were due for T1, I’d already notified Wing A that I was transferring to Wing B but was still in Wing A for a good six weeks after the deadline. I’d assumed Wing A had included me. No medal arrived with Wing B when T1 was handed out so I queried it, assuming my medal was stuck in Wing A (Mr Emz’s medal was at his old posting and had to be posted up so not unfeasible!), nope, no medal in Wing A, the reply was ‘we didn’t include you on our submission as you were transferring and we thought Wing B would include you on their return’. You couldn’t make it up.

I’m not that fussed about the medal, but what I can do without is the snide comments from some CFAV’s about me not pulling my weight throughout covid as I haven’t got the medal, when actually when quizzed they barely scraped through on days :grimacing:

It’s horrendous. Genuine travesty.

I genuinely can not believe it’s being handled the way it has.

1 Like

snap i have heard the same from our WHQ also…

People actually do this? That is beyond sad.
Even if you hadn’t met the minimum days they don’t know your circumstances during that period

3 Likes

I had this with an ACF CFAV pointing out I wasn’t wearing my medal the summer last year - i said well its our HQAC, slow at admin and praised him for his quick turnaround only to admit to me he bought it online so he could wear it on the parade as his hadn’t been issued yet! :roll_eyes: