Platinum Jubilee

Considering T1 only arrived at HQ a month or so ago I’d be surprised if they appear this side of Christmas

5 Likes

Due to work commitments, covid pause, and then contracting covid causing serious illness, I have not done enough parades to be awarded the Platinum Jubilee Medal. OC wing mentioned there will be a second tranch of PJMs at some point. Does anyone know anything about this?

We’re a bit far down the line now AFAIK for putting in T2, but there is always T3.

The actual criteria is the same, it’s just the way it’s worked out is different. T1 was worked out based on data that could be pulled automatically from SMS etc. T2 and T3 are manual, so you providing data/information to show that you meet the criteria.

As a reminder, this was ‘our’ criteria:

Yes. Our Wing have confirmed the ‘T2ers’ already.

If you didn’t qualify for the reasons you mention in T1, you still won’t qualify in T2.

How recently was that, nothing heard yet for T2 in my wing.

Still nothing from an AEF pov as far as I know. Personally, I do qualify as we were still operating on a skeleton crew and I have been commissioned for long enough. The AEF conference is coming up so I will ask the question.

1 Like

It says ‘in the seventy-first year’ - that doesn’t mean you’ve completed that full year yet.

When a new Sqn OC is appointed, they’re in their first year of command, but they haven’t completed 365 days.

3 Likes

Hi all
2 of my staff are still awaiting their QPJMs (they’ve been told they’re in tranche 2). Has anyone seen an update on this. I would post in the VoV page, but I’m locked out of Bader (shock!).

I have been told by WHQ that T2 medals wont be delivered till after Xmas. We have had a list from the Reg CoS of who was on it , and we await info on applying for T3 !

T2 was complete in these parts last month

Weve got staff in T2 but haven’t heard the outcome yet!

I’m in T2, was told 2023… no reply to what month… I’d have taken which quarter :roll_eyes:

Some regions missed T2 deadlines and submitted anyways on a punt they get accepted, so theres a bunch of people expecting it that may not get it due to poor admin.

I’ll be chuffing annoyed if I’ve ended up in that bunch, seeing as my previous Wing didn’t include me in T1 as I was moving and I’d be in a different Wing when the medals arrived :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I’m seeing the RC on Monday so will be asking the question.

2 Likes

RC has cancelled, apparently due to the weather - hopefully not because he’d heard I was going to quiz him on the PJM :rofl:

2 Likes

He just read your previous post.

Just noped out of that engagement…

4 Likes

Not all sunshine and rainbows for regulars either I have been deployed for the last 7 months so they sent mine back to depot and now have to wait until Feb to go sign for it :joy:

2 Likes

My staff are still waiting for their T2 QPJMs and wing have stopped engaging with me when I ask (lol!).

Anyone had any news?

I’ve found buying them as replicas off Worcester Medals results in a better quality medal than the one I received as issued…

Be quicker too if they know they are eligible…

1 Like