Platinum Jubilee

Does strike me as a bit odd.

Other half wears all of his originals, Iraq medal, Afghan medal the whole lot. In fact most people I know in the forces where their originals. A replica of the Iraq medal might be easier to keep looking good, bloody thing tarnishes really quickly and I’ve lost count of the times I’ve had to get the rubber out to give it a clean :rofl:

1 Like

Haha. That makes sense. To be fair, my SHADER OSM tarnishes pretty quick.

Got mine presented yesterday.

2 Likes

You certainly do hear of people wearing replicas, but I don’t know how wide spread it really is.
Over the past 10 years I’ve mounted a lot of medals, for all sorts of people. I’ve only supplied 1 replica - a QDJM.

Did my grandfather’s. Absolutely cracking job. Picture of them next to mine in a different thread. Wish you had done mine. Wouldn’t have needed to get them remounted. Shame about the distance, I’ll absolutely get you to do mine if I ever get awarded another one.

Thanks mate. That’s kind of you to say.

It’s the truth.

If this place wasn’t anonymous, I would be absolutely signposting them to you.

Are you still mounting medals?

I hope so. It’s a bitter regret I haven’t had my set done by them.

Dm me details, need my qpjm and cfm redone :joy:

@theunknown @AlexCorbin

Absolutely 10/10 would recommend.

If you’ve not already, get @wdimagineer2b to sort you out.

Pic related.

CFM Mounting on Facebook is always a win for my medals

2 Likes

I’ve heard that there are still CFAVs who haven’t heard whether they are eligible under tranche 1? Is this true? What is the deadline for tranche 2 and onward?

Indeed I am.

1 Like

Nothing heard at this callsign re Tranche 1.

Yep, DW still in the dark

VCC presented medals at summer camp last week posted on Facebook today.

I am very confused how some Wings can have published their Tranche 2 lists already?

Because they actually have proactive WExOs who do their jobs well? It might be rare, but there are some awesome CS guys and gals in this org! Thus, some people are seeing things a lot quicker than others.

1 Like