Platinum Jubilee

Thank you Teflon for announcing that you will give up your medal to someone else :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

My jubilee medals still sit in the box they came in.

I always find that to be a strange attitude.

Regardless of the ‘status’ of those medals compared to the status of others, they are a gift from the Sovereign and, once issued, form part of your uniform.
You’ll take her commission but you won’t wear her medals?

6 Likes

You still need good conduct to be awarded the jubilee medals… that forms part of the requirements.

So they do have a slight meaning above just chcolatebox.

3 Likes

Jubilee medal design: https://twitter.com/nadinedorries/status/1441644272885719046?s=21

1 Like

Good to see confirmation on the 5 years, confirms no medal for me unless pre uniform time would count.

Gonna have to hope Charles Coronation doesn’t happen until June 23 before my first medal.

Not that it matters or makes any difference given I wear it once or twice a year anyway.

Nothing in there mentioned cadet forces though.
Only serving members…

Maybe we’ve been done over

The Diamond Jubilee medal announcement didn’t mention cadet forces either, but we still got it: Diamond Jubilee Medal design unveiled - GOV.UK

Presumably we get lumped in with “armed forces”. I think it would be odd for us to be excluded from this one.

3 Likes

Better picture

2 Likes

As the powers to be go to pain to explain we are not in the armed forces.

Although that was always the case for the SNCO cadre and they still got one in previous years.

1 Like

I’m hearing multiple rumours that cadet forces are not getting the Platnium Jubillee medal.

Apparently CFAVs didnt get the Silver, so there is precedence.

Anyone heard similar?

If this is true it’s a huge kick in the ball sack.

1 Like

Why? it’s ‘Chocolate Box’ medal. It means the square root of damn all compared to those who have Campaign medals.

4 Likes

Why.
Because frankly if it were good enough for the Golden Jubille and it were good enough for the diamond. It’s good enough now.

Why does a Fg Off in 2012 who just had 5 years service, get a medal.
When a Fg Off in 2022 who will have 14 years service not?

And @themajor you’re only liking snipers post as you fall short of getting one regardless.

Where did you hear it from?

Rumours coming out of a WEXO somewhere South of Manchester.
Not anywhere near me or mine.

If it’s my WExO it can be taken as more than likely not true then :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Anyone got the balls to ask on VoV?
I cant. Not without exposing said balls.

I don’t do this for the medals and they make no difference to me.

2 Likes

I give up 20 hours a week for decades, only for the Medals…

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Dont be like that.

1 Like