Platinum Jubilee

Guidance from todays conf was dont purchase/wear until confirmed you are getting it. So that suggests imminent comms?!

Unless a deadline for such has been set, I won’t hold my breath.

1 Like

As long as it’s of a higher quality than the Cadet Forces Commission.

3 Likes

The salaried echelons must look on here at times and think they’re getting away with it again. What exactly do they have any influence over, that involves them doing something that we see the positive benefit of? How often do they get to Friday and think good week I can see the benefit of me being here? I can point at things every week at work identifying where my input has been of benefit to pupils and teachers. Similarly within the Air Cadets despite everything to make it difficult.

The Sea Cadet style certificates would be a step in the right direction.

That’s not what I took from it! :rofl:

I imagine they look and see positive news being moaned about and wonder why they bother trying.

2 Likes

Hence the question mark haha

In reality, nobody is going to release a list in advance to state which CFAV will be receiving the medal in a few months time. We’ll hear nothing until the medals arrive, just like last time and the time before.

I would think that most people can be fairly safe in their assumption as to whether they’re eligible or not. Those niche cases, well… Who knows.
But I’ve already got people booked in for new ribbons and miniatures.

1 Like

For information, Have a look at the DINs, DIN2022-09/01 and DIN2022-09/03, the latter of them tells you exactly when the roll calls take place and the date majority of people will have the medals

1 Like

Can you share?

2 Likes

The first one is in your inbox now

1 Like

Unfortunately, i am not willing to post DINs on a publicly accessed forum. These can be sought from MODNET or Defence Gateway,

2 Likes

The big holdup will be when 5000 medals turn up to RAF Cranwell for distribution to wings no earlier than May.

2 Likes

Whereabouts on the Gateway does one find DINs please?

5 Likes

IAW 2022DIN09-001, 5 years membership, not necessarily continuous, as uniformed adult volunteer or as a cadet over the age of 18.
Must have completed 15 days service in each training year, 7 days service in 20/21 and 10 days in 21/22 due to covid, each parade night counts as 0.25 of a day.

Defence Connect Apllication, if you mean Defence Gateway!

The Crown approved criteria and issuing of these. There are stringent criteria that the reserves and cadet forces are bound by – not to mention the emergency services.

I imagine MOD see civilian instructors in the same way as civil servants — who also do not qualify. Civil servants qualify for other medals (the Imperial Service Medal for old farts who’ve been E2 or E1 since the discovery of fire) but are usually confined to recognition at the higher up levels and usually under the Order of St Michael and St George; CMG (Call me God), KCMG (Kindly call me God), GCMG (God calls me God).

Of course uniformed staff will be doing long division and partial differentiation to produce a number that says they qualify, who doesn’t want some (literal) nickel for the privilege of being alive at the right time, in the right uniform and on the right days. Nobody can realistically argue unfairness (except I note the COVID-19 NHS volunteering during 2022, perhaps identify this as some kind of duty absence?) when this is handled in the same manner as QDJM.

Though a case could be made asking what is different between a CI, SNCO and rupert CFAV. Aside from minimum hours and dress regulations, some laser printed scrolls and isolated qualifications attainable… not much.

With the likely future output of jubilee and coronation medals, there’s no real concern we might end up like this lot.

Edit: for Dame Commanders, DCMG (Do call me God).

2 Likes

Some civil servants qualify for long service recognition. Those who through incompetence or choice (I’ve worked with both) who stay at the lower grades qualify as of right.

And those at the upper echelons who know the right people to blow get honours, with a only an under representative few deserving people in the middle getting them (unless their boss takes the credit for ALL their work on a project despite doing naff all themselves and take the OBE instead - I’m not bitter…honest).

1 Like

Brilliant stuff, haven’t looked exactly, but I suspect I won’t qualify due to not having enough duties during the Covid year period because of the 0.25 per parade night and the way work prevented me from attending parade evenings.

And yet in the same year I get my CFM lol!

Thank you.
Blimey, they’ve updated that since the last time I looked!

1 Like