Platinum Jubilee

LaSER T2 notified this week; around 8 months after submission, no ‘hardware’ yet, but at least ribbons and miniatures can go on.

I wonder how long T3 will take!!

According to IMDB Terminator 3 is one hour and 49 minutes long

1 Like

Thats the ladies style of ribbon.

Just had sight of an update for SW from HQ where SW asked for an update.

Sorry, no - it’s likely to be a few more months but I can’t say more than that at the moment.

1 Like

We’re still waiting for news of T2. Any asks into Wing HQ get the ‘don’t know, be patient’ reply.

Pretty rubbish to be honest now.

It’s been over a year since I found my eligibility (I know, full timer), how difficult is it for a wing to sift through their staff to work out eligibility…

1 Like

The fact I’m in T2 was entirely down to a Wing messing-up and nothing to do whether I was eligible which makes this even more laughable. My Sqn was active on Teams twice a week throughout lockdown and we returned to F2F as soon as we were allowed so I ticked more than enough days off.

I was in Wing A when the submissions were due for T1, I’d already notified Wing A that I was transferring to Wing B but was still in Wing A for a good six weeks after the deadline. I’d assumed Wing A had included me. No medal arrived with Wing B when T1 was handed out so I queried it, assuming my medal was stuck in Wing A (Mr Emz’s medal was at his old posting and had to be posted up so not unfeasible!), nope, no medal in Wing A, the reply was ‘we didn’t include you on our submission as you were transferring and we thought Wing B would include you on their return’. You couldn’t make it up.

I’m not that fussed about the medal, but what I can do without is the snide comments from some CFAV’s about me not pulling my weight throughout covid as I haven’t got the medal, when actually when quizzed they barely scraped through on days :grimacing:

It’s horrendous. Genuine travesty.

I genuinely can not believe it’s being handled the way it has.

1 Like

snap i have heard the same from our WHQ also…

People actually do this? That is beyond sad.
Even if you hadn’t met the minimum days they don’t know your circumstances during that period

3 Likes

I had this with an ACF CFAV pointing out I wasn’t wearing my medal the summer last year - i said well its our HQAC, slow at admin and praised him for his quick turnaround only to admit to me he bought it online so he could wear it on the parade as his hadn’t been issued yet! :roll_eyes:

How long have you been in or associated with, the Air Cadets?

We’ve now had an answer from HQ about T2… they don’t know!

I have been in contact with Worcester medals who made them all… they haven’t been asked to make anymore, so what is out there is out there.

the same company that has said they are not making the coronation medal. wonder if the government have placed contract elsewhere or there just won’t be one. i know where my bet lies

The answer is probably still the same, but has anyone had an update on the T2 medals?

IMG_0582

Absolutely nothing. Its a joke

1 Like

After speaking to someone at Cranditz yesterday, the issuing of medals is in the hands of the MOD and the medal office. For those of us who are still VRT, it’s in the hands of Air Command as to what our qualifying criteria is as we sit in a grey area between RAFAC and RAFR and, apart from being missed off the lists completely, it would appear no-one has yet made the decision as to what our qualifying period is. RAFAC have provided Air with all the relevant info and a full list of those who ‘should’ qualify based on the issue of the QDJM but it’s now out of their hands.

You know, it’s good to get the BLUF from the horse’s mouth.

1 Like

I understand there was a meeting today (2* medal forum) about this matter. Any news yet?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Should there be a Cadet Forces Meritorious Service Medal?