Office365 Migration - how's it going?

Have any other user of eM Client found that it’s stopped working with Bader mail?

Yesterday evening it started asking for the password for my SNCO account and would not accept the correct (and tested working with OWA) password at all, though the Adj account continued to work fine.

Today I’ve arrived at the Sqn to find that here it won’t accept the passwords for either of the accounts.

In addition I found that the client I use on my phone and tablet was playing up for one account on the tablet the other day, whilst the phone still seems to work fine on all.

Does anyone know if something has been changed server-side?

I had a glitch on my phone (android) recently with one of my Bader accounts in Outlook ceasing to synchronise, while another account worked fine throughout. web access was normal.

Clearing the cache didn’t sort it, nor did removing it from the mobile devices list through the web account settings for the account. Removing the account from the phone gave me an error when I tried to re-add it initially, until I rebooted the phone and tried adding it again.

Yes, same - opened it up this morning and it keeps asking for the password.

I’m glad it’s not just me.

Though, the question then is: Is this just a temporary glitch, or are we now being further restricted in this continuing farce of a system?

Ah you have it all wrong… on MODNet if you type in the GAL for eg: BSN-STN ACLO this will come up as a SG account and not a valid email address (Have look at QRG 89 in DefNet) however what you can do to ensure the email does go the person that has the role of BSN-STN ACLO is to type this in the TO field of the emai and press control K this will come up with the 2 accounts to chose from the top one being the SG account and the bottom one being the valid persons MODNet email address that is associated to the role.

Hopefully we’re soon have Outlook back again…
https://twitter.com/ComdtAC/status/1128396513263140865

1 Like

Hmmm… We’ll see. :wink:

Mind, even that was clunky. I had to run two separate instances of Outlook (via an external programme because Outlook won’t natively run separate instances) because I discovered early on that adding Bader mail to the same Outlook instance as my personal email caused it to merge all my mailbox rules.
All the personal rules got uploaded to the Bader server.

I decided that I didn’t fancy having my personal accounts so closely linked with Bader.

It really shouldn’t be this complicated.

From a conversation I had with COS, it is just a case of identifying where the money is coming from: they can see the benefits of enhanced licences as much as we can. It’s not that they aren’t trying.

@wdimagineer2b, @MattB eM Client should be working again now.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up.

Any idea what that was all about?

They’d made some security changes, which blocked it.

I see.

Thanks.

Is this something that is just affecting people who use their phones to do email?
As I’m a bit reluctant to login if it’s going to give me problems.

No, in this case it was a PC program (but largely used for the same reason, as logging in to emails every time is a bit of a pain)

OK makes me even more reluctant.
Had this problem with logging into Bader the back end of last year, expected the same at work as thought it was an MS problem, but not so.

Do I get a hint of trying to do this on the cheap and it creating problems?

You can have the most expensive softwear and equipment but if you don’t define the project objectives and boundries it’s useless.

I was looking at the twit and COS comment, which suggest not enough money being paid. But it does seem as ever the project management is lacking.

I don’t get that. When passwords can be stored surely it’s just a case of username and crack on.

I have a couple of other O365 accounts with volunteer groups and for whatever reason they don’t "play up’ like the Air Cadet one can. I have had them for nearly 2 years and not had to faff around with password changes. Even at work we don’t have password changes as regularly as we do for Air Cadets. Given that it seems passwords with Air Cadet systems seem to be a big problem, as it seems to forget the password, ie login and it will say password is wrong, despite it being well within its “life”. Why have to change them so frequently?
The only people I know who seem to have to change passwords like we do are council workers.

This is a good question.

Current guidance is to not expire passwords - expiring passwords lead to weaker passwords with very little gain.

(Source: https://pages.nist.gov/800-63-FAQ/#q-b5)

1 Like

Good luck getting them to accept that. I’m going to work on my employer to try to encourage the same but I don’t expect much support.

1 Like