Office 365 Tips

How are you trying to add your new account?

Going to tools, add account.

It appears I don’t have an active subscription for Outlook. Is that something I need to sort first?

It is, our license allows us to connect in outlook, but another account is needed to license the use of outlook

Ahh, shame. Nevermind then.

If you’re on a Mac as you said, you should be able to add the account to apple mail, or what ever the built-in mail app is called.

Apple’s offering is pretty rubbish imo. Thanks for the idea though.

2 Likes

That made me chuckle :smiley: I don’t use a mac so wouldn’t really know. I guess it’s like using the built in mail app on Windows 10. Very few people do!

I must say I use outlook on my (work) mac, but a lot of my colleagues use Apple Mail in preference to Outlook

Probably in the wrong area, but…

Tried MS Teams tonight but couldn’t get in. Keep getting the following message: You’re missing out! Ask your admin to enable Microsoft Teams for Royal Air Force Air Cadets. You’re currently signed in as **@rafac.mod.gov.uk
Select Sign up for Teams to continue, or use a different account.

Been logging onto Teams for months without a problem. Am I missing something or am I just being stupid :man_shrugging:

Are you using personal or role email??

1 Like

are you using your role account or your personal one?

1 Like

We should be the helpdesk… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

Wow, responses quicker than the Helpdesk.

Role account, assuming that’s now wrong :man_facepalming:, should be personal account!

2 Likes

Exactly, as far as I’m aware. Give the personal account a go and :crossed_fingers:

And bingo, I’m in. Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Have used Power Automate to take Form Responses to create a task in the Sqn Planner so that all staff can then resolve uniform requests and we can then use this when submitting requests to WHQ.

This makes me happy :smiley:

1 Like

Might need to talk me through this

I did the uniform one as well. No more filling in paper forms. No more randomly requesting kit.
Scan the QR code which takes you to the form. Enter the details. The “UNIFORM REQUESTS” bucket in planner gets a new item with all the details; then the stores officer collates them all as required.

It’s a shame that Power Automate can’t assign the task to a person as well.

I did a similar one for errors on cadet portal. such as “My Bronze DofE isn’t listed” &c. AS the adj I would manually assign them to the relevant person.

Couldn’t get it to do that, but includes a link to the spreadsheet form results to grab the details from.

This it can do as I had this option