New JPA Service Numbers

Interesting, I’m back to my original Army number.

Same here, so my numbers have Gone in the following order,
Original RAF
Army
CFAV
Army

I’m on my third.

-Cadet number I was given when I did a shooting qual and used on my FMT. (This one was humourous, it had my rank down as simply ‘WO’, I got so many funny looks at MT as a 19 year old Warrant Officer.)

• CFAV number
  • New CFAV number

Was just wondering can we still use our old number for claiming days etc., for this month as I have already filled them in for upcoming days. I saw that HQ accounts can still check using your old number.

There is an announcement on SP that basically said yes, you can still use your legacy number if needed. So I think it should be fine :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve just discovered that I’ve got my old Service number back. That’s the one that HQRAFAC said I couldn’t have when I transferred my commission because it’s used by JPA to pay my pension and it couldn’t be used by two sources of payment.

What could possibly go wrong?

1 Like

Which is isn’t, JPA is now a single source.

Which was my comment to HQRAFAC originally and to which I was told JPA can’t source two different payments, ie pay a pension AND issue VA.

Lucky you, I’ve been out tooooo long and got one of the new types :man_shrugging:t2:

Does anyone know how they were allocated? Just out of interest.

I was pre JPA so knew mine was lost forever :unamused:

Looking at the numbers on my Sqn looks like it is purely alphabetical but at what level it was done is anyone’s guess
We have a spread of 9436 between an A and a Y so probably a corps wide numerical list

Almost certainly. We have a husband and wife on staff and theirs are consecutive.

Alphabetical order…

So weve gone from being able to know when someone joined and their rough length of service from their service number to a list based on classic primary school seating…

A certain total throbber in the Wing has already proclaimed ‘seniority’ over some other Fg Offs based on their new service number…

How do these people get Commisioned… why cant we manage the most basic of anti throbber measures?

I simply despair.

6 Likes

You should absolutely let them know it’s alphabetical.

1 Like

It has been iterated to them.
Believe me.

I just despair, with some (a minorities) attitude.

“what was the date of your commission?”

Surely we are past who is senior to who, and just get on delivering?

4 Likes

This exact scene immediately came to mind.

1 Like

I don’t think this has ever come up in anything I have ever done in the cadets…

4 Likes

You’re lucky.
Only takes a couple.

Besides isn’t “I’m bigger than you” the appropriate primary school solution? :rofl:

2 Likes

Fyi theres something about JPA and Audits on VoV