New JPA Service Numbers

It’s a risky game doing these things early. There’s a 60% chance HQAC will change the policy/process within the next week :wink:

3 Likes

So far the only reason is to get the remittance slips… the ones I get by post go straight to the bin normally as they arrive 3 weeks after the payment has been spent by me!

1 Like

I was very intrigued to see a £5k earning against my new JPA listing on my tax account for this tax year… given that I haven’t made single VA claim since 2020 :sweat_smile:

Ditto.

I chnaged that via my HMRC app and personal tax account.
Else it affects how much tax you may pay.

1 Like

Mine came through as BR, but I had previously changed my RAF Reserve to that, keeps things simple.

1 Like

^ that’s been my approach - anything other than primary job goes on to BR.

In the offchance I’ve been over taxed it comes out in the wash at self assessment time.

1 Like

Yeah. They put £8k down on both JPA and RAF reserve and then ducked over my personal allowance on my main job. Quick phonecall sorted that out.

1 Like

Who to, HMRC or HQAC?

HMRC…

I hear that they’re very helpful.
I need to give them a call having taken on a third income. I’m doing my darndest to avoid paying basic rate, only to have to claim it all back later when I don’t earn above my personal allowance.

… you only get 1 personal allowance.
Yes you can split across multiple incomes, but its one allowance per person. Not per job.

Indeed, but as a sole trader I don’t currently pay tax via PAYE.
So I should be able to split any allowance over the RAFAC VA and my latest job, and then only pay tax if necessary when I complete self assessment on my ‘main’ company income.

Having not paid tax on VA for the last few years, I want to ensure that these changes don’t trigger something where I start paying 20% again.

No doubt someone there will know exactly what to do.

1 Like

I think, but have never tried it, that you should be able to get HMRC to allocate your tax code across 2 employers. For example ask for 0250 for RAFAC and 1007 for your real job. I’d be interested to hear what they say

I will report back.

Numbers now imported and displaying in Volunteer Portal

1 Like

…and not even sufficient luck to have ended up with the same last 3, so that at least some of my kit would still be labelled correctly.

1 Like

It was option b! Another service number. Great fun.

Luckily I’ve put mine on on sniper tape so it’s an easy fix. Still annoying though.

Does this mean we need new MOD90?

Only when replacing it on expiry or loss

Follow me for more accurate RAFAC predictions!

6 Likes