New JPA Service Numbers

Ive ended up my my old army no with a -2 on the end. I did also notice on the tax page that theyve updated my personal tax address to JPA HQ in Scotland rather than my house. Not sure that’s entirely correct.

So I have a Defence Gateway account already, but can’t see the MyPay app. Not seen my JPA number yet so I can’t do anything about it, but anyone any idea how I get the application added?

1 Like

Once your account is linked to your service number, it will automatically display the required apps for you to review remuneration statements etc.

1 Like

How does it get linked to my JPA number?

When you get issued your new service number, there is a route to “upgrade” your account. I’ve not got the details to hand but one of my team did it yesterday as a test.

Do you know if this will be for CIs too? I have a Gateway account using my current SN, with ACO at the front. Will this be able to be changed to the ‘new’ SN, or just make a new account?

I’ll see if I can get some clarification first!

2 Likes

Ah yes, I saw the upgrade account section in Defence Gateway when I was looking earlier. Good good.

Is defence gateway just to be used to get the payslips.
Or for submitting also?

Will paper payslips still be an option?

Im happy without. But i know i will get asked.

As far as I know it will be for payslips only. Submissions will will be done in the current way, until VP of updated then they’ll be done on there.

Will this work with defence gateway accounts using our old numbers? Mine was set up using the current one so is it a matter of linking them or would I need to create a new account?

1 Like

Found out my JPA number from logging onto HMRC and your payroll number for JPAC is the “service number” to sign up to Defence Gateway. You can also link your previous defence gateway to the new account. Very interesting as you can view MyRAF and has my Wing HQ on there and what my current CFAV role is and progressing routes. I can also submit Expenses and Leave, even though its not required. Surely this function can be easily abused. Can also book AT Training. Which makes me wonder, how come we have access to those apps and functions?

Thanks. I’m into this new account now. How do you link the old one?

Pretty sure that shouldn’t be a thing for us…

That definitely shouldn’t be a thing as I thought we (CFAV and Cadets) have been written out of the latest version of the AT JSP.

I logged into my old account and upgraded it with my new JPA number. It then automatically changed my login to the new number.

Ah. Thanks. I’ll try that.

Edit: as a warning to others that doesn’t work if you log in with your new number first.

To link the old one, you need to login using your service number. Then click “my account” on apps and then you can ugrade your account

I did this too and the upgrade route worked fine.

Not sure what the rush is :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Mainly cos I will forget to do it later.

1 Like