New Formation Patch (TRF)

We’ve been issuing blanking plates as well, but only as many as each cadet needs. What’s the point in issuing two badges to a cadet with only one MTP shirt and no smock? They’d just lose the other one.

1 Like

Some places couldn’t even get the old TRF correct. This is a Facebook ad I saw this morning. Spot the deliberate mistake…

As it’s CCF perhaps it’s a cadet Under officer?

1 Like

I was wondering that.

But that’s an ATC formation patch… So if it’s CCF then it’s stull wrong :sweat_smile:

Appears to be wearing Pilot Officer braid though, would a CUO not be wearing something different?

MB

1 Like

Wikipedia claims that that rank no longer exists. But for the other sections, it shows a plain white band akin to our former O/Cdt slides.

That’s never stopped CCF’s from doing things due to “tradition” in the past.

1 Like

based on this, I have a controversial question:

As Cadets are entitled to be issued both blue uniform and green coveralls (although recognise no one keeps the coveralls once blues are issued, but I am certain I have seen coveralls are an issued “No3” uniform) should we be considering where this issued badge is placed upon the issued uniform?

PDT_Xtremez_18PDT_Xtremez_24PDT_Xtremez_18

…and some words

2 Likes

Fire it up the chain, let’s see what excrement comes back down again!

He is a CADET officer so why would he not wear the CADET formation patch, this was the entire problem we had before with the 3 tier system.

I also suspect they were actually a cadet who then commissioned and never changed the badge.

I don’t think this is the case as this wouldn’t happen with CCF cadets.

More likely he has been given the blanking patch with the air cadet patch & told to wear it by the Army SSI.

There was a big kick off in CCF world as officers were told by the army not to wear the RAF TRF despite at that time still being VR(T)

2 Likes

I can only apologise for the classic “joint with a capital A routine”

1 Like

IMG_0785

Me seeing WWO email about “anyone not towing the line will get words of advice”.

1 Like

I’m willing to bet the same WWO would be incorrectly wearing their TRF.

I see so many people place it at the top point of their blanking plate, when ACP 1358 very clearly says it should be in the middle of it. Which bothers me none, as it means the TRF is hidden when I roll my sleeves up!

1 Like

Ahh, it also says if the badge that it is swapped with was at the top, it can be left at the top. Mine are all at the top as the material under was a different colour to the rest of the plate.

1 Like

What a great excuse for placing the badge in what is clearly a more appropriate position.

1 Like

New question here:

Can we private purchase them? My wing/Sqn has only scaled for 1 per cadet atm, and I have more than one greens barracks shirt/set of blanking plates. It seems a bit ridiculous if not, as even though it’s not what’s meant to happen, we can’t conform to regs…

1 Like

No.

You will be able to get them via stores from Jan 2024 (apparently…)

Everyone is scaled for two. If you’ve not had two, ask/demand for two. Enough were ordered for two each. Simples.